Milk Tint Mondays with GRWM Cosmetics Multi-use Creamy Tint in 100% Sugar

by - Monday, May 02, 2022

 


Sugar level: 100%.

I think it's about time these products get featured here in my blog. I'm probably the last blogger to feature them but better late than never, right?

Colourette's Colourtints (or the minis, in my case) ignited my love for multi-use tints/products. Before, I wasn't completely sold on the idea that 1 product can be used on the eyes, lips, and cheeks. For me, different areas of the face needed to have separate products, ie. blush for the cheeks, lipsticks for the lips, eyeshadows and creams for the eyes, so using just one feels iffy to me. HOWEVER, when I finally gave in and bought the mini Colourtints (and my first multi-use products), I realized just how convenient they are. They save me from bringing a ton of makeup products in my bag PLUS the formula and pigmentation are just A+, something I totally didn't expect. I was enlightened- and pretty much became obsessed with hunting down more multi-use products to add to my stash.

So my new found obsession led me to purchasing another set of multi-use products last December '21, this time from GRWM Cosmetics. GRWM Cosmetics is a local beauty brand that launched back in May 2021 (yes, just last year!) and their first products are multi-use creamy tints aka the Milk Tints! Since it's their "birth/launch month", I thought I'd feature a Milk Tint shade every Monday (yes, this'll take the place of Rouge Play for now). (Quick note: except for the shade Fruit Tea. I'm still waiting for the full-size to be available!)


The Milk Tints are "long-lasting and hydrating multi-use creamy tints that can be used on the lids, cheeks, & lips. They also have a soft velvety matte finish with a little bit of sheen for that extra glow." The Milk Tints are paraben and cruelty-free and each tube contain 8 grams of product.

The Milk Tints are formulated with shea butter (helps moisturize and soothe skin plus it has antibacterial properties), macadamia oil (helps hydrate and regenerate skin because of linoleic acid, and also helps balance oily skin), and vitamin E (an antioxidant that nourishes and moisturizes the skin).

The packaging of these products is one I really like, mainly because it's very hygienic. The Milk Tints come in a squeeze tube with a transparent nozzle where the tint gets dispensed. I have to admit though, the transparent nozzles are prone to detaching so I have to make sure to be careful when twisting the cap and squeezing the product out of the nozzle. Mae Layug, the founder of GRWM, already said that the Milk Tints will have a new packaging so hopefully that new one will answer the nozzle issue. 



Now on to the product, shall we? I'll be starting off with the shade 100% Sugar, described as a warm rose with brown undertone.


On the lips, 100% Sugar is quite comfortable because its texture is in between matte and creamy. It didn't take much to build an opaque layer of 100% Sugar on the lips which was nice. This is the kind of shade I'd reach for in the evenings and I'd probably blot it if I wanted to rock it for daytime as I find its tone a bit dark for day use. It does transfer a bit, like when I drink or eat, but it's very easy to reapply afterwards. 


On the eyes, 100% Sugar is definitely making my goth punk dreams come true. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, you'd know that I'm a big fan of rust shades on the eyes and 100% Sugar has the perfect red tone I've always liked. With this shade, I can use it on its own (probably topped with a bit of NARS Cambodia) or use it a base then transform it into a smoky eye with a dark grayish brown shadow. I found it very easy to blend out with both my fingers and a blending brush but I really recommend setting it with a powder, an eyeshadow or a loose or pressed translucent powder, to avoid creasing.


I was really surprised at how buildable 100% Sugar was on the cheeks. I thought I'd have a hard time sheering it out but surprisingly, it was a breeze! Because of its milky formula, the tint just effortlessly glides on the cheeks and my first layer didn't look like I'm having a massive butterfly rash on my face (LOL SLE problems). I know the blush I have on the photos is a bit bright but that's because I layered it a bit more than usual so that it'll really show up on cam. 100% Sugar is a shade I probably won't wear that much on my cheeks, mainly because I prefer pinks and peaches, but it's still a nice shade to have around in case I want something with a red tone.


I don't have a red with a brown undertone so 100% Sugar is a first in my stash. Although it's technically a red, it can be an everyday one, just depends how much you'll use and where you put it. Personally, I absolutely love it on the eyes and although I'm not 100% sold on it on my lips, I'm sure I can create a lovely lip look with it. Maybe yet another ombre lip....? :P

And that's 100% Sugar, the first tint for Milk Tint Monday for the month of May! (That's a lot of Ms lol). Next week, I'll be featuring something lighter and more for everyday- GRWM's bestselling shade, Cheesecake! See ya next Monday! x 

(PS. 100% Sugar's shade has been bugging me for a while now because it reminds me of a lippie shade I've encountered before. Now, I finally got it- it reminds me of Revlon's Rum Raisin!)

You May Also Like

0 comments