#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Jordyn

by - Wednesday, June 01, 2022

 


J for Jordyn.

Happy June 1st!

As promised, here's the feature on the last mini Colourtint in my stash! If the other minis I featured were bright and popping, this one's more subtle and neutral.


Jordyn is described as a latte brown. This color reminds me of a lighter hot chocolate color or a lighter Nutella color. In comparison to my other browns, Olive is deeper and darker and Ocean is lighter in hue and tone. 


Jordyn on the lips reminds me of the brown lip, 90's era trend, not gonna lie. However, I do like Jordyn on the lips because it's not too hazelnut chocolate spread-looking on the lips (I mean, IYKYK). It's light enough to be worn during the daytime and I like that its warm tone helps bring warmth to my overall look. Cute!


On the eyes, I think Jordyn will be very useful as a base for a simple neutral eye look. This tint is very blendable and I had no issues layering it to achieve the intensity I want. I think this'll be one of my go-tos for a simple, easy to do eye look!



For a change, instead of using Jordyn on my cheeks, I'll use it as a contour shade! Among Colourette's Colourtints, Jordyn is the go-to contour shade by most of the consumers and I totally understand why. One, it's super easy to blend and layer. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy Jordyn was to work with! Two, it's shade is perfect for contour purposes. Because it's more of a neutral-warm brown shade, it doesn't only contour your face but it also gives some warmth and bronze to your face.

You can see on the photos above that Jordyn gives a subtle definition to my face which I quite like! I'm someone who doesn't really contour so Jordyn is great because it was able to give a little definition to my face without looking too obvious. If you find Jordyn subtle, you can easily top it off with a powder contour or bronzer for a more defined look. Personally, I'm okay with using Jordyn alone. :)


I also used Jordyn on the sides of my nose! So easy to blend out!


Overall, I understand the hype. Jordyn's really the go-to contour shade! I absolutely love it for contouring and I look forward to using it more in future looks. I definitely see myself using it for contouring and on my eyes. Maybe this is a sigh for me to get it in full size haha!

And that's it for my mini Colourtint reviews! There are still a number of mini Colourtints I've still yet to try but I'll be saving those once my No Buy period ends (I still have a lot of products to review!!). Overall, I absolutely love the Colourtints, from the shade to the formula. They're really budge-proof and matte and very longlasting. So far, my go-to shades are Ocean (forever fave huhu), Ellie, and Jordyn. They're soooo good!

See you on my next post! xx

You May Also Like

0 comments