Easy Sculpting with Anne Clutz's Ultimate Beginner Contour Brush

by - Tuesday, August 23, 2022

 


Aka my new favorite face brush!

If there's one thing I want to master, it's contouring. Maybe a little bit of bronzing as well but I definitely want to concentrate on being better at contouring. I've always kind of skipped this part because my past experiences with contouring didn't really product desirable effects; my contour either looked askew, unblended, or even muddy. After several attempts, I just kind of let go and accepted the fact that I was really bad at contouring- on my face at least, thankfully it looks better when I do it on other faces haha!

I recently got inspired to pick up on it again after watching my go-to local and international beauty girlies on TikTok because I just want to contour as effortlessly as them. Having a good contouring product does help but you know what makes or breaks a contour? A brush. The brushes I already have are good but I feel like I haven't got "the one" yet for contour. So my step one: get a new good quality contour brush!


I was able to get my hands on this brush I've been eyeing for a while, thankfully! Here I have YouTuber Anne Clutz's Beginner Contour Brush! Her Ultimate Beginner brush line is probably the most affordable good quality brush line in the market so it's no wonder why most of them are always sold out. I pretty much lucked out on getting the contour brush- the moment I saw it was available, I immediately added it to my cart and checked it out. Better safe than sorry!

This contour brush is made of soft synthetic hair, has a pearlized handle, and a gold metal ferrule.



Not gonna lie, I was surprised to how thicc this brush is! Most of my contour brushes are more on the thinner side, like ones you use for a more "chiseled" look so this chunky brush was very new to me! 

It took me a while to get used to it, even got frustrated when it can't give me that sharp contour I wanted but then it hit me: this brush is really more for bronzing/brontour! Because of its thickness and width, it covers quite a lot of cheek ground instantly so no matter how much you want that sharp contour line, you won't get it with this brush.

So with that in mind, I went in again with my cheek product and instead of wanting to achieve a sharp, targeted contour, I went in with brontour in mind. And whaddya you know, it totally made sense!

 

What I love about this brush is that even though it's made with synthetic bristles, it's so soft and not scratchy at all! I can swipe, stipple, and blend this brush without anything poking me which is amazing! The bristles were soft and bendable enough to get into the groove of my cheekbones without loosing its shape that much. It's this nice balance of soft and sturdy- so good! Also, because it's synthetic, you can also use it to blend out cream and liquid products easily and seamlessly. Like, no harsh unblended edges with this brush, I swear!

I find that this brush picks up a lot of product so whenever I want to use it for powders, I make sure to tap off the excess then dab lightly on the back of my hand before applying it on my face. This ensures that I have just the right amount of product to work with and it helps to diffuse the powder more. 

Aside from brontouring, I also use this brush for blush! If I'm using cream blushes, I put some first at the back of my hand or onto a palette, stipple the blush with this brush, then apply it on my cheeks. This gives me the opportunity to build it up instead having too much and frantically blending it out.


In a nutshell, this brush is more of a bronzer/brontour brush. It's too thick and wide to use for actual contour but it's perfect for adding definition and warmth on the face. If you have difficulty with brontouring like I do, this brush will help you immensely- truly a beginner-friendly brush! No joke, I'm obsessed with it now and I can't wait to buy two or three more once it gets back on stock. This brush is an actual saver and it really helped me appreciate bronzing more. So happy I have this in my brush collection! A++!


You May Also Like

0 comments