Warmth in a Pan: Vice Cosmetics Aura Contour in Confeeerm

by - Thursday, August 25, 2022

 


A cheeky surprise.

What if instead of contour, it's more of a...brontour? 

My last post was all about my fave face brush at the moment: Anne Clutz's Beginner Contour Brush that I mostly use for bronzing or brontour. Of course a brush isn't complete without its partner, the actual contour product. Most of the time, I usually go for my multi-use liquid and creme products for contour but I recently got interested again in powder products so here I am with my current contour powder that's more of a brontour (on and for me, at least.)


Here I have the Vice Cosmetics' Aura Contour in Confeeerm, described as a deep brown contour shade. It took me a while to try this particular shade out because honestly, it wasn't the shade that Iinitially wanted. I was more interested in the other shade, Porshur, which is a medium brown contour shade. But since Porshur was always sold out in store and online, I figured I might as well get Confeeerm to try out. And I'm sure glad I did!


I found Confeeerm to be an intimidating shade but once I tried it out, it was actually a nice shade that's really more of a bronzing color! It's a bit dark in tone, yes, but it's really a workable shade. Confeeerm has a warm, slight orange tone to it which I think looks amazing as a bronzer on medium to dark skintones. This will look dark and orange on fair and pale skintones so if you have that, sorry but this one's not for you!

I know I'm late to the Vice Co's contour powder train but now I know why it's so hyped and well-loved in the local beauty community: the powder is just so pigmented yet easily blended! It's not chalky and dry at all so it just goes on the cheeks smoothly and I never have any difficulty blending it out despite it having a matte finish. Honestly, it's sooo good! 



As you can see, Confeeerm was able to bring back some warmth on my face again while also giving definition. It's not as dark as you think, really. Personally, I can just wear this on its own and add highlighter to top it off. So good!

One con that I found with Confeeerm is that it can get muddy easily so the secret is to build and blend, blend, blend! I usually go in with a bit of product and add more if I want more intensity. If I go in with a lot, it tends to be muddy, especially when I already have blush on, so it's best to go in subtly to avoid any mudiness. But other than that, I'm good!


I wasn't really expecting to get a bronzing shade when I got Confeeerm but hey, it was a nice surprise! I've been using it constantly to bronze up my face and I freaking just love it! Again, Confeeerm is a dark brown contour shade, yes, but since it has a slight orange tone, it's really more of a brontour shade for medium to dark skintones. In case you were wondering, yes, I'm still going to get Porshur since that shade is more neutral toned, the perfect brown shade for contouring and sculpting. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy a sculpted bronzed look with Confeeerm! LOVE!


You May Also Like

0 comments