Sampling Samples: This Works Morning Expert Open Eyes

by - Tuesday, August 16, 2022

 



Wide open.

I'll admit- I'm not really into eye creams. For me, eye creams are more of an optional step in my skincare although I'm not one to turn it down if there's one lying around. Because of that, most of my eye creams are samples, small enough to try and feel and easy to use up. If you ask me so far what's my favorite, I'm gonna have to say the Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream. That's such a A+ product if you're on the hunt for a good eye cream. And yes, it's worth getting the full size of that product!   



Since I have a few eye cream samples again in my stash, I'll share my thought on one of them. Here I have This Works' The Morning Expert Open Eyes, an "anti-blue light support with Giant Kelp and Persian Silk Tree to help de-puff, detoxify and brighten eyes on waking." This product is 98% natural, as well as vegan and cruelty-free. 

Open Eyes has quite an array of botanical ingredients in its formula. Giant Kelp helps tighten the look of skin while the extract from the Persian Silk Tree helps reduce the appearance of dark circles. Open Eyes also contains Cocoa Seed peptides that help limit the effects of blue light on the skin’s appearance. Aside from those, it also contains a super active ingredient, hyaluronic acid, as well as oils such as peppermint (where it gets its therapeutic fragrance) and argan.


Open Eyes has a creamy yet thin consistency that's very easy to spread and blend out. It does have a faint peppermint-y smell that goes unnoticed once applied. I was expecting a bit of minty feel but I guess it's good that it doesn't have any since I imagine that would be a weird feeling, especially on the eye area. 

Just like other eye creams, I do pop this sample in the fridge for that cool, relaxing effect on the eyes. What I like about Open Eyes is that it really pampers my eye area. When I put it on, my eye area becomes really soft, hydrated, and smooth. Because of that effect, I love popping Open Eyes before I do my makeup because with it underneath, my concealer goes on really smoothly since my skin isn't as textured and dry. 


Since I only have it in a sample, I can't really say that it has improved my dark circle situation significantly although I do notice a subtle lightening happening. What I do notice is that it really helps moisturize my undereyes and that it also really has a nice brightening effect that makes my eyes look more awake and less dull. Overall, I think Open Eyes is a good eye cream and worth getting in full size! Such a good product to include in your morning skincare!  


You May Also Like

0 comments