Lather and Glow: Fresh Formula Milky Glow Illuminating Facial Wash

by - Saturday, August 13, 2022

 


Clean and glowy.

When I finally finished my first Fresh Formula product, the Clean & Bouncy Gentle Facial Cleanser, sometime last month, I immediately went on and used the second FF cleanser I purchased. While Clean & Bouncy made sure that my skin got cleaned and hydrated, I found the formula a bit gentle for my liking - so I was pretty excited to move onto something that's a little heavier. (No regrets with Clean & Bouncy, though! I'm glad it was the first Fresh Formula I tried!)


The second cleanser I got is from the Glass Skin Series, a curation aimed for achieving that glowy, radiant, "glass skin" look. I only got the facial wash because I didn't feel like getting the other products in this series, plus the other product I wanted, the Morning Glow Brightening Serum, wasn't available anymore, so that left me with just this cleanser. 

Anyway, the Milky Glow Illuminating Facial Wash is an illuminating milk cleanser that promises to purify the skin without stripping. This facial wash contains grape seed oil (improves the skin’s elasticity), niacinamide (helps the skin grow a ceramide lipid barrier which helps retain moisture), oat protein (soothes dry and inflamed skin), alpha arbutin (for natural skin-brightening properties), and sea kelp extract (help soften and hydrate dry skin because of its rich antioxidant properties).

Milky Glow is also great for those with skin issues such as blackheads, whiteheads, and dull skin.

This product is vegan, cruelty-free, and paraben-free.

The cleanser, housed in a sleek clear plastic bottle that comes with a pump, has a thin and liquidy milky texture. 

The cleanser tends to separate so you have to shake and mix the cleanser first before using. It lathers up pretty quickly and well and really has a milky feel and texture. Totally opposite the gel-like texture of Clean & Bouncy!

First of all, can I just say how good this smells?? It's sweet, milky, and just very pleasant, for me at least. I like that even though it has a fragrance, it doesn't have that strong chemical smell to it.


This cleanser is recommended to be used both day and night but I personally only use it in the evening. I feel like Milky Glow's texture is heavier which makes it great for nighttime heavy cleansing. It lathers up pretty quickly and you also don't need to use a lot to clean your whole face. It does a good job in removing dirt and leftover makeup on the skin as well. I didn't experience any stinging, which is good.

After washing the cleanse off, my skin feels a tiny bit tight and dry which is why I always follow up with my nighttime moisturizer and/or serum. I honestly don't expect it to give me that glowy glass skin look (I mean, I'll need the other products to achieve that) but I do notice that my skin looks healthy and brightened. It does help remove that dull look on my skin and I do feel like my face is clean and dirt free.


Milky Glow is a pretty good facial wash and I'm glad I got in when I had the chance to! It's such a good part of my nighttime routine and I like the subtle effect it has on my skin. It's cleansing, it's brightening- what more can you ask for? Additionally, I feel like you can also use this alongside other glass skin products to help achieve that glowy look. 

Also, seriously, how can you say no to a pink cleanser??

You May Also Like

1 comments