Dewy Gel: Bubbly Skin Dream Serum

by - Wednesday, September 21, 2022

 


A new added step in my skincare.

Can you actually believe that I only started incorporating serums into my skincare routine this year?? And can you believe that for today's feature, I'll be talking about the first ever serum I've tried??  And loved???

So for the longest time, I kept my skincare products to a minimum: cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen, the occasional eye cream, and the spot treating tea tree oil. My skin doesn't like to be overloaded with a lot of products and one time, I tried incorporating a facial oil in my routine. Well, let's just say my skin got pretty upset with that addition and it took me quite a while to get rid of the nasty small bumps that got my skin as rough as a hollow block.

 Lately, my skin's been looking dull and feeling dry and textured than usual and that my moisturizer can't handle it alone anymore. After watching several beauty vids on YT and TikTok, I became open to the idea of incorporating serums in my routine. Serums look beginner-friendly; I just have to select one that isn't too complicated and can give me the skincare effects I'm looking for. So after browsing online platforms, I finally did it: I got my first serum!


Bubbly Skin offers three types of serums and I chose the Dream Serum, a clear gel serum that has a lightweight formula that hydrates and refreshes the skin. It also helps in achieving a radiant and dewy skin finish. The Dream Serum contains key extracts, such as Tomato Extract, Aloe Vera Extract, Cucumber Extract, and Witch Hazel Extract. It also contains Lactomoist (a blend of Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA, Lactic Acid, and Glycerin) and Niacinamide.

The Dream Serum is available in a 15ml dropper bottle and a 30ml pump bottle.


Packaging of the 15ml Dream Serum is actually pretty cute and chic. It comes in a clear glass bottle (gotta be a bit extra careful with this one) that feels sturdy and can fit a makeup or skincare pouch easily. I actually see myself bringing this size on future travels!


The Dream Serum is a lavender-hued gel serum that is quite runny and thin. It spreads easily on the face and it honestly feels like the serum you get from packet face masks. Unlike gel moisturizers, this serum doesn't get absorbed easily into the skin- which is a good thing because you can use a jade or quartz roller or a gua sha with it! Once it fully dries, it doesn't feel tacky and heavy at all on the skin and you can pretty much carry on with the rest of your nighttime routine.  

It took me a while to get the right amount of serum to put but I find that a 3/4-dropper full amount is great for both my face and neck. This serum has a nice, almost calming scent that I really enjoy as well! 


 I wanted to really test this serum before I did a review on it so I pretty used this serum religiously every night since I got it last August. I didn't use any new skincare products with it as well to clearly see the serum's effects. After more than 30 days later, here we are, with this serum all used up. Now I can properly talk about it!

On the first few days of using it, I did experience a slight tingling sensation on some parts of my face. It was tolerable but pretty much went away the more I used the serum. At first I didn't really see a whole lot of a difference but after one week, I noticed that my skin felt more moisturized, calm, and soft than usual. My dry patches also start to go away and my face has less texture and dullness than before. The glass skin effect is real with this one- but you have to use it consistently to see results.

I've never seen my skin so glowy and good, honestly! My base applies better and like I said, my skin's texture isn't too prominent anymore- all thanks to this serum!

I do, however, noticed a change on my skin type. After using the serum, I noticed that my face feels oilier than usual? I don't get a lot of breakouts but some parts of my face, specifically the T-zone area and my cheeks, oil up more than usual. I honestly don't know if it's a "side" effect of this serum (which is weird because a lot of the ingredients in this serum are acne-prone skin friendly) or because of lifestyle changes but I thought of adding it here anyway. I don't mind it but it's a little mystery to me. 


I'm so glad I went ahead and tried the Dream Serum because I had a pleasant overall experience with it! I like that it was able to help with my skin problems like texture and dryness and gave me soft skin that's been a dream! The 15ml bottle is the perfect amount for trying this serum and I honestly won't mind getting the 30ml bottle in the future. Thanks for the skin improvement, Dream Serum!


You May Also Like

1 comments