Luxe Flush: Issy & Co. Creme Cheek Blush in Gold Digger

by - Monday, September 19, 2022

 


Subtle glow.

In case you've been living under a rock, I'll have you know that Issy & Co just released a new line of creme blushes! You all know by now that I'm living in my blush girl era which means I'll be checking out new blushes in no time. I must admit, I almost came close to purchasing one of their bronzers but I held back because, well, bronzers aren't my thing- at least not yet. But when the blush collection dropped, I knew I had to get one (for now) ASAP!


The new Creme Cheek Blushes are creamy but lightweight multi-use blushes that have an easy to blend and build formula that gives a healthy and youthful flush to the skin.   

The blushes are formulated with Japanese Camellia Seed Oil and Meadowfoam Seed Oil, ingredients known to have antioxidant abilities that also soothe and moisturize the skin.

A pan contains 4.5g of product and retails for ₱349.


Packaging of the blushes is just like their bronzers': a sleek reflective silver compact with a mirror inside. The overall feel of this compact is chic and classy, though I have to admit that it's prone to collecting fingerprints. Have to make sure I clean the compact regularly haha!

 

There are 10(!!!) shades in this collection and I did have a hard time choosing just one. The shade range is just too good! I was torn between Criminal (a sunkissed hot coral), Savage (a smoked rosy mauve), and Gold Digger (a luminous gilded clay). In the end, I do love a good clay shade so I went with Gold Digger!


Gold Digger is one of the shades that have gold shimmers in it, making it a "luminous" blush. I personally am partial to shimmer-less blushes but sometimes it's nice to have a blush that has shimmers in it as it saves me time from applying a separate highlighter!

Gold Digger is a really nice shade. It's more like a grounded and muted Criminal and I absolutely love it! However, I think it might actually be a bit too light on me? I feel like I have to build it up to three layers for it to show up on my cheeks. Having said that, I absolutely adore how glowy it is on the cheeks! The shimmers are sooo fine that you won't even notice it until light hits them. Overall, Gold Digger is a nice everyday shade that you can pat on to have that nice subtle flush on the cheeks.


As promised, the creme blush is smooth and silky and quite surprisingly, thin! It melts so easily on my fingers, and when applied on the cheeks, the blush just blends away with no issue. Formula itself is really good and really comfy on the cheeks! For application, based on my personal experience, I find that the best way to apply it is with my finger/s. I tried blending the blush out with my blender sponge and it seems to move the blush and my base underneath, but if I use my fingers, the blush blends more smoothly and doesn't interrupt my base. I've seen beauty creators use synthetic brushes with this blush so that'll work too, it seems.

I wore Gold Digger on my birthday lunch and I didn't set it with a setting powder. I wanted to test out its longevity. I wore a mask, ate a hearty lunch of steaming hot pot, and after 4 hours, the blush is still on my cheeks! There was minimal transfer and no blotchiness. Impressive!


Okay, after my experience with Gold Digger, I think I might have to snag a couple more shades? I might end up getting Criminal and Savage (and maybe Bang and Karma too!) after all haha! These blushes are just so easy to apply and wear and the shade range is diverse yet beginner-friendly. Honestly, if you're a blush gal like me, you better check this collection out! They're too good to pass up, trust me.

    

You May Also Like

0 comments