My Current Coral: Sooper Beaute Lip and Cheek Rolly in Bebe

by - Thursday, September 29, 2022

 


Fresh and easy.

Sometime this month, Sooper Beaute held a 50% off everything sale in their Shopee website. I've been eyeing their serums for a while now and because of this sale, I was able to bag the serum I've had in my cart for a couple of months now. I also browsed their catalogue for other things to try and I found one makeup product that piqued my interest. And honestly, me purchasing it kinda surprised me too.

If you've been reading my blog for a while now, then you know that I don't really like water-based cheek and lip tints. I can feel it in my bones that most of the available shades won't look cute on my very pigmented lips and the formula is just not my cup of tea. This is why I'm more partial to oil-based tints-  they're more saturated and their formula is something I'm more comfortable with.

Upon checking their products, Sooper Beaute has a lip and cheek line that comes in two finishes. They have your usual water-based tints but they also have the Liquid Lipstick Series- now that's more up my alley! So here's one of the two currently available shades: Bebe!


The Lip and Cheek Rolly Liquid Lipstick Series is just like the water-based ones: pigmented, lightweight, and nourishing as they're also made with Vitamin E and Jojoba Oil. The difference is that the Liquid Lipstick Series tints have a matte finish, have a fuller coverage, and can be used on the eyes.

With each rolly, you get 10ml worth of product and retails for ₱150 (but I only got it for ₱75 because of the sale hehe).


This lip and cheek tint is actually my first-ever roll-on makeup product so packaging-wise, I can't compare it to anything else in my stash. However, I can say that the bottle feels hefty, the kind that won't break easily when you accidentally drop it. The roller ball looks and feels secure and so far, I haven't experienced any leaking whatsoever. I like that this roller isn't too bulky. I can pretty much chuck it easily in my bag for touch ups and reapplication. 


The shade I got is Bebe, described as a soft coral shade. Getting this shade (or any other peach/coral/orange shade) shouldn't come as a surprise by now haha! What I like about Bebe is it is indeed a coral shade. It is equal parts orange and pink and has the right amount of warmth to it. Really pretty shade!

Formula-wise, Bebe does remind me a bit of Colourette's Colourtints wherein it's pigmented, matte, and quite thin and fluid. However, Sooper Beaute's feels lighter, has more of a light-medium coverage, and is less drying. The Colourtints can sometimes take a while to blend out and I always use a damp sponge with them but with Sooper Beaute's, I can easily blend it out with just my fingers. The Lip and Cheek Rolly also offers more of a "flush" than a full on paint on the lips and cheeks.


Here's me wearing Bebe on my eyes, lips, and cheeks. As you can see, Bebe is such a good fresh color and I love how it just complements my skintone! I find that the best way to use Bebe is to blend it out always with your fingers. You can't just pile it on- you have to blend it out before putting another layer on to achieve an even layer on your cheeks, lips, and eyes. I think the warmth from our fingers melts the product a bit more!

On the lips, I can honestly say that Bebe feels way more comfortable than liquid lipsticks and yes, even the Colourtints! It still feels a bit more nourishing and even with lip balm underneath, Bebe doesn't move and transfer that much. 


On my cheeks, Bebe takes a while to show up so I think I do 2-3 layers for it to be more obvious and noticeable. What I like about this tint is that even though I layer it, it still glides on smoothly and most importantly, it doesn't move my base underneath.  The matte finish on the cheeks doesn't feel drying and it stays put but easily comes off when you need it to. 

Bebe on my eyes looks good, I'm obsessed! I tried using it as is and it works but it does crease eventually so I recommend setting it with powder to avoid that. 


Okay, not gonna lie, this is the product I reach for the most recently! It's so easy to use and layer and I love how it doesn't transfer too much on my mask. I like using it for that subtle but cute color on lips and cheeks and like I said, it's perfect on days when I don't have a lot of time to get ready because I can just dot, blend, and go. If you're into lip and cheek tints but want to try a different finish and formula, I can't recommend Sooper Beaute's Lip and Cheek Rolly Liquid Lipstick Series enough. So, so good!!

(Also, hopefully the other shades will be available again because best believe I will be adding them to cart like there's no tomorrow!)


You May Also Like

0 comments