For Length and Volume: O.TWO.O 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara

by - Monday, September 26, 2022

 


Length and curl in one?

Here we are again with a "TikTok Made Me Buy It" product. I saw this product from one of Myrrh's videos and she pretty much raved about this mascara. Since it's about time I replace my Maybelline HyperCurl, I thought I'd give this mascara a try.


Said mascara is the 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara by O.TWO.O. This mascara, as the name suggests, has micro fibers in it that help lengthen, curl, and thicken your lashes. Other features of this mascara include being waterproof and fast-drying. 

This mascara has 6ml of product and retails for ₱150 on O.TWO.O's e-commerce site.


Packaging looks nice and will entice all those who love anything rose-gold. If you look closely, unfortunately, the tube I received has a few scratches on it.

 

Now let's talk about the brush, shall we? The mascara brush has a curved shape to it that helps to easily comb the lashes and coat them with product. If I compare this brush to Maybelline's HyperCurl, the Silk Fiber's brush has a more pronounced C-curve and is a bit skinnier/narrower.


This mascara's formula is quite different from Maybelline's HyperCurl and Mondaze's Fiberlash- in a way, it seems thicker and blacker than the two! O.TWO.O says that the Silk Fiber's formula is more mousse-like and I can't agree more. Upon application, I can already tell that this mascara is thicker than usual but just as lightweight. 


Here's a comparison on one eye. After curling my lashes, I went ahead and put on one coat of the Silk Fiber Mascara. Can you see the difference between my lashes? The side with one coat of this mascara looks longer, thicker, and blacker!


Here's both sides with mascara, both with 2 coats of mascara. Both lashes look longer and fuller! And yes, even with 2 coats, this mascara didn't hold down my lashes' curl, which is good!


Now here's the downside to this mascara. Though it does lengthen and thicken my lashes, it tends to get clumpy the more you apply. Additionally, the more coats you apply, the more it'll weigh down the curl of your lashes. I find that two coats is enough to lengthen, thicken, and maintain the curl of your lashes.

Another downside: it's not waterproof. Yes, it stays and doesn't really smudge but once it comes in contact with water, it'll come off.

Overall, this mascara is a good budget mascara.  I love how it makes my lashes look thick and really black, plus it holds the curl quite nicely. If you want the look of fuller and lengthened lashes, this'll do a good job- just make sure not to get your lashes wet and to not exceed two-three coats for clump-free lashes. Not bad for an everyday mascara!

You May Also Like

0 comments