Fresh Tint: blk Cosmetics Universal Skin Tint in Almond

by - Monday, October 03, 2022

 


An on-the-go base.

I've shared here in my blog that I already have my go-to base: Sunglow by Fresh Crème Tinted Sunscreen. I love it because it already has high SPF, has a pretty good shade match, and for a tinted sunscreen, it has awesome coverage. I like using this tinted sunscreen on days when I want my skin to look a bit more flawless and even without the heavy feel. Honestly, this is such a good buy!

However, I'm still looking for a more "casual" base. Something a bit lighter and not as high coverage. One day, I was checking out an e-commerce platform and there I saw this product on sale! 


Here's blk's Universal Skin Tint, a daily-use sunscreen that provides your complexion with tinted protection. It has a fresh finish and a buildable formula that lets you achieve a light, medium, or full coverage. It also has SPF30 that protects the skin against UVA/UVB rays. 

A tube contains 30ml of product and retails for ₱499.00 (but I only got it for ₱199- thank you, flash sale!). This product is also cruelty-free.


Packaging is a sleek squeeze tube, similar to the packaging of Luxe Organix and Detail Cosmetics' BB Cream. Although size-wise, blk's Skin Tint seems to be smaller and narrower.


Almond was the particular and only shade that was on sale and although it was more on the medium-dark spectrum, the swatches of it I saw online looked promising. Almond is a medium-deep shade with a pronounced yellow undertone. Normally, this type of shade doesn't match my skintone but because this is a skin tint with a light coverage, it's more workable and the pigment won't be as full on. Plus, a little powdering definitely helps in getting it lighter.


Here's a swatch comparison. L-R: GRWM Cosmetics Radiance Tint in 21 Almond, blk Almond Skin Tint, Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 220 Natural Beige, and  the Sunglow by Fresh Crème Medium Tinted Sunscreen.

You can easily tell that blk's Almond Skin Tint is deeper and warmer than the rest. The three other shades are more on the medium range while blk's is more on the medium-dark range.

The Universal Skin Tint has a thin and fluid consistency, quite comparable to Maybelline's Fit Me foundation and Luxe Organix's sunscreen. This skin tint glides and blends easily on the skin and it has a light coverage- perfect on days when you just want natural-looking skin!


I tried using a flat foundation brush and a sponge with this tint and I find that using a brush retains the skin tint's coverage while a sponge just sheers it out even more. Although I'm not a big fan of using a brush (mainly because of the appearance of brush strokes), it's the best one for this tint. I think my Galatea 110 Paddle Brush would work great with this as well!


So here's Almond on my face without powder on. As you can see, it doesn't really have a ton of coverage but it's not too sheer either. This skin tint has a dewy finish that makes the skin look healthy and it also brightens up my complexion. With this skin tint, my skin still looks like skin, plus it feels really lightweight- which is great! Gotta admit, I sometimes forget I have it on!

This skin tint is perfect on days when I just want a bit of coverage but still let my real skin peek through. Again, this has a light coverage so additional concealing may be needed if you want blemishes and discolorations to be unnoticeable. Since this skin tint doesn't dry down to a matte, you really have to set it for the skin tint to stay on for longer. I feel like this skin tint would be such a perfect base during summertime too!

Uncomplicated beauty, indeed!




You May Also Like

0 comments