All Set: Dr. Sensitive All Day No Sebum Blur Powder in Natural

by - Friday, October 14, 2022

 


Naturally natural.

Okay, don't hate me but I think I'm officially done with translucent powders. Let me explain: translucent powders are supposed to be colorless, invisible powders that set your makeup without altering any of the colors, right? Well, that has not been my experience with the translucent powders I have. I mean, don't get me wrong, translucent powders set my makeup beautifully; however, they don't seem to be that colorless on my skin? Every time I use these powders to set my makeup, I look great in person and not so great on photos. Even without flash, the white cast is very noticeable and off-putting on my medium skintone! I don't know how other medium skinned gals and deeper morenas deal with translucent powders- I mean, props to them for making these work! But for me, I prefer not to get stressed over the whole ordeal so I'm officially saying bye to them and sticking to, yep, you guess it: banana powders (or any yellow-toned powders at that).


Thankfully, yellow-toned loose powders aren't that hard to find anymore! Case in point: Dr. Sensitive's  All Day No Sebum Blur Powder! This powder's creamy and light-diffusing formula helps soften and blur the appearance of pores while controlling oil and shine for a fresh look all day.


This powder comes in a sturdy acrylic pot with a sifter and twist cap (like a less bulky version of the Nichido Final Powder) that contains 25g of product and retails for only ₱169. It also comes with a puff! 


The All Day No Sebum Blur Powder started with a Translucent shade but they now expanded the shade range! This powder now comes in two shades: Nude (a pink toned powder for those with light to medium skintones with neutral to cool undertones); and Natural (a yellow toned powder for those with light to medium skintones with warm to golden undertones)- the one I have!


I used the puff that comes with it to set my powder and surprisingly, the puff did a good job! It was able to pick up the powder and the application on my undereye areas was pretty easy and seamless. The puff was able to really push the powder onto my skin and blend it out- such a good outcome, if I say so myself! I do find, however, that the puff tends to pick up more product than needed so I always tap off the extra on my hand or arm before setting any area on my face then I also follow it up with a good dusting with my powder brush.

I also used the powder with a brush and it was good as well! The brush method offers a lighter layer of powder on the skin but this also means less coverage. So it now really depends on your preference since both methods work.


The Blur Powder's texture is something that's different from the powders I have so far. It's finely-milled and smooth but not as creamy as Nichido's and not as silicon-y as Detail's or ByTerry's. This powder goes on very smoothly and seamlessly on the skin and it has a slight baby powder scent to it.

What I love about this product is that it doesn't cling on to the crevices and dry areas of my skin. Even after baking, I was able to sweep off the product with ease and I didn't even have to deal with any creasing and clumping on my skin. I also like how it subtly brightens up my undereye area in a nice natural way and how it removes shine easily and instantly. This powder feels really light on the skin and although it's matte, it doesn't feel drying and doesn't look too cakey.

The all day oil control claim didn't really work on my T-zone but I have to say, the "oily" look after 4 hours still looks decent! It's really more of a dewy look so all I did was blot that area and voila, my makeup is good as new again. Not bad!


Overall, I am just SO glad I was able to get my hands on this powder because not only does it feel good on the skin, it also looks great on photos! The shade Natural really goes well with my skintone and again, I love the subtle brightening it gives on my skin. The puff is also a nice surprise! It's not a velvet puff but it definitely does the job just fine. This is one budget powder that I'll definitely buy again- and even give as a gift!


You May Also Like

0 comments