Bright Wine: Vice Cosmetics Aura Blush in Byucon

by - Wednesday, October 19, 2022

 


It's bright and byutiful.

Hello, I'm back and I'm still on a blush kick!

After trying out Vice Cosmetics' Aura Contour powders, I thought I'd branch out and try their blushes! Vice Co is pretty famous for their pigmented and buttery yet affordable powder blushes so I was pretty excited to try them!


Vice Cosmetics' Aura Blushes are described as "soft, buildable powder blushes that gives a head-turning aura no matter the occasion." 

The Aura Blushes are cruelty and paraben free. Each blush contains 3.5g of product and retails for ₱145.00.


Just like the Aura Contours, the blushes have the iconic metallic pink compact for its packaging.


The blushes come in 8 "universally flattering" shades and among the shades, I was interested in Shalah (a bright orange), Title (a copper), and Talyada (a plum) the most. Unfortunately, the blushes sell out quickly and the only blush that I was able to get my hands on during a sale was Byucon.

Byucon is described as a wine blush. More accurately, Vice Co describes it as "wine on fair skin and faded wine on medium to deep skin." Byucon may be a bit more full-on and brighter than the blushes I go for but it has a warm tone to it which I thought would be forgiving and complementary on my skintone.

(Also, FYI, for my non-Filipino readers, "Byucon" is actually a portmanteau, a combination of the words beauty and contest but in Tagalog style. The more you know!)


On my skintone, Byucon looks more of a bright warm strawberry pink shade. It has a matte finish which surprisingly doesn't look too flat on the skin. What surprised me more, though, was the fact that it wasn't hard to blend out. We all know that powders with a matte finish can sometimes be a challenge to blend out but Byucon blended out easily and didn't leave any harsh lines on my cheeks.

As for its texture, I was quite surprised that this blush isn't as soft and buttery as the contour powders. Touching it directly from the pan, I can feel that it's a bit stiff and it lacks that "pillowy-ness" (for lack of a better term) that you get from buttery blushes. Good news is that it's not chalky and that it's very, VERY pigmented. It's the kind of blush that needs to be applied with a light hand or else you'll have a very intense color on your cheeks. I made the mistake of using it with a dense brush and I ended up panicking because of how full on my cheeks looked. I must have spent a good 10 minutes just buffing and blending it out!


You all know how I feel about pink blushes but I found Byucon to be an okay kind of pink blush. As I've said before, it has a warmth to it that just makes it so much workable and wearable. It's not a blush I'd reach for when I don't have much time but it's one I can work with if I'm in the mood for a pink flush of cheek color. Overall, it's still a good buy and I also cannot wait to use it on my eyes!


PS. And yes, now I want to buy Shalah, Title, and Talyada even more! Vice Co's blushes are goooood!!

 

You May Also Like

0 comments