Today’s Face Ft. An Eyeshadow Pigment Turned Highlighter

by - Wednesday, October 12, 2022

 



Highlighted with a new(-ish?) highlighter.

Hello, I'm back! The last few days were a little busy so I didn't have time to write a new post. But I have a couple of new posts lined up so I hope you look out for those!

Anyway, today I'm taking a break from the beauty reviews I usually do and instead feature a makeup look! Most of the time I do makeup looks to feature a new product in action but today I just get to play and use the makeup products I feel like using. I normally post these makeup looks on my Insta but I'm now thinking of also posting them here on the blog, starting with this look!

When I was watching RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars Season 7, one thing I obsessed over was The Vivienne's cheek highlighters, specifically the colored ones. On the show, I've seen her rock blue, green, purple, and pink highlighters and she looked stunning as ever! Gold, silver, and champagne highlighters are cute and all but sometimes they can be repetitive, you know? The Vivienne showed me that colored highlighters can be fun yet wearable too and that's exactly what inspired today's look!

Now listen- I don't have The Vivienne's makeup skills nor her full beat so let's just say that my version is more of a toned down, wearable look of hers, shall we?


I wanted to keep things clean and simple and let my purple highlighter stand out. Today, for my highlighter, I used NYX's Dramatic Chromatic Eyeshadow Pigment in the shade Fuchsia. This is a pretty old pigment but it's something I don't really use the often because it can get pretty messy. But Fuchsia is such a nice light, airy, and shimmery purple- the perfect colored highlighter to start with!


For today's look, I went and did my "signature" look, my own version of the clean girl look. I went ahead and did my base using the Sunglow by Fresh Crème Tinted Sunscreen in Medium (mixed with a drop of BLK's Universal Skin Tint in Almond to darken it a bit)concealed using GRWM Radiance Tint in 21 Almond, and set with the Dr. Sensitive All Day No Sebum Blur Powder in Natural (review coming soon!)

For my brows, I used my go-to product, Colourette's Brow Bestie in Espresso and set it with Colourpop's Clear Brow Boss Gel.

For my eyes, I skipped anything on the lid and went straight to mascara. I used O.TWO.O 4D Silk Fiber Eyelash Mascara after curling my lashes.

On my cheeks, I used Maybelline Sensational Liquid Matte in Best Babe for my blush. I wanted a light but warm pink on my cheeks to complement the purple highlighter I'll be using. I also contoured a bit using Vice Co's Aura Contour in Confeeerm.

On my lips, I also used Best Babe just to tie everything together.


Now, let me talk about the star of the look: Fuchsia! I applied Fuchsia as highlighter on the cheeks, inner corners of my eyes, bridge of the nose, and I also applied a bit on the center of my lips. For a purple pigment, I find Fuchsia very wearable! Because it's more of a light purple, it doesn't look bruise-y on the skin. In fact, I see it like your usual highlighter, only it's purple instead of pink or gold. Not gonna lie, I'm so digging this highlighter!


I shy away from eyeshadows as highlighters because sometimes, eyeshadows have a "harder" formula, meaning they don't blend as well as highlighters. These shadows tend to leave a harsh line on the face and they don't diffuse much no matter how much you blend. Thankfully it's not the case with Fuchsia! Because this is a loose pigment, it's softer and easier to blend out. No harsh lines whatsover! 

Oh, in case you were wondering, I used my trusty Vice Co Highlighter Brush with Fuchsia! 


Okay, I'm definitely putting Fuchsia in my kit as a highlighter! I just love how wearable it is and just how easy it is to use. It's definitely fulfilling my need of colored highlighters!! In my opinion, Fuchsia goes well with pink blushes so I feel like this is my sign of adding more pinks to my stash haha! 


You May Also Like

0 comments