Sampling Samples: Sunday Riley Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream

by - Tuesday, November 29, 2022

 


Deep hydration.

It's time for another Sunday Riley sample! Let's see if I'll like this as much as I liked their CEO Vitamin C Hydration Cream.


Again, I'll be featuring a cream moisturizer. Today I have the Tidal Brightening Enzyme Water Cream. It is described as a "cream that delivers an intense water drench with two forms of hyaluronic acid and tamarind extract so your skin looks youthfully hydrated and plumped."

As stated above, this cream helps the skin absorb and hold moisture with the help of hyaluronic acids and botanical extracts. The tamarind extract and papaya enzyme in this cream gently exfoliate the skin which gives a brightening effect, plus the alpha arbutin in this cream's formula helps lessening hyperpigmentation and dark spots on the skin.

This product is sulphate, phthalate, and paraben-free.


Since I only have a small sample, I was only able to test this product for about 3 days, applied once a day. Texture-wise, it's a thin cream that spreads easily on the face. It also has a slightly gel-y, slight herbal faint scent to it that goes away pretty quickly after application.


On the skin, the Tidal Cream spreads easily and instantly gets absorbed by the skin. Compared to gel or water-based moisturizers, this feels a little heavier and "thicker" on the skin. Because of that, I think I prefer using this on the evenings instead so the heaviness of it will be more tolerable. I feel like I also won't use this underneath makeup as it doesn't really full dry down. After it has settled, I can still feel a thin layer of it on top of my skin. Something slick, similar to what you get when applying sunscreens. So I feel like for makeup prep, I'd still stick with my water-based moisturizers that dries down entirely.

Moisturization-wise, it's fantastic. My skin feels so hydrated, soft and supple; no dry patch on sight. If you have dry to severely dry skin, this cream would help a lot in hydrating your skin, especially when paired with a hydrating serum.


I can't really say if this helped diminish my dark spots and hyperpigmentation but I can say that it's great in moisturizing the skin. Personally, I find it for day use but to each his own. I recommend this for those who are looking for a really hydrating face cream that can also help in skin concerns such as dullness and dark spots. 


You May Also Like

0 comments