Today's Look Ft. A Dramatic Brown Color Palette

by - Saturday, November 26, 2022

 

Bronze/rust/all around brown.

I know. Who is she???

For today's look, Clean Girl/Sweetie Pie Shaunne is outta the building and Little Miss Drama Queen is in! I feel like it's been a while since I sported such a strong look so I thought I'd do it again for old times' sake. The shadow that inspired this look is ColourPop's Super Shock Shadow in Fade In, a gorgeous medium orange brown. This shadow can't be featured in a basic way- it needs to be in something bigger, darling!


For my face, I thought I'd use a different product. I applied GRWM Cosmetics Radiance Tint in 21 Almond (still my perfect shade in this range!) all over my face. I think I applied two layers of the Tint to get a nice coverage all over my face. To set it, I still used my current fave powder, the Dr. Sensitive No Sebum Powder in Natural.

(Also, yes- I skipped concealer again lol.)


Okay, let's get on with the eyes, shall we? Not gonna lie, I initially wanted just a subtle look. I didn't mean for the eyes to get all dramatic haha!! But ANYWAY, let's start with sticking two pieces of tape on the outer corners of my eyes. I wanted a nice winged shape for this look and tape ensures sharp clean edges for my wings.  Before the shadows, don't forget to prime the eyes first! I used my usual, Detail Cosmetics' Eyes On You Eyeshadow Base.

On the lids, I packed ColourPop's Fade In shadow with a flat eyeshadow brush then blended it up to my crease. After that, I used my MAC 266 brush and dipped it in the shadow Nostalgia, a matte dark cold brew brown, from the Sunset Dream Palette. I started mapping the wing/V shape on the outer corners of my eyes. I felt like it wasn't giving, like it wasn't enough, so I decided to smoke the liner eye. I used a short flat brush to pretty much blend that liner out. Just blend it, reapply, then blend it again to achieve a smoked out liner. And that's pretty much it!

Oh, and I also applied a little bit of Nostalgia on the outer third of my lower lashline to balance the look a little. For the inner corner highlight, I used Eventide, a foil taupe, from the same palette.

I opted to skip out the eyeliner and just go with mascara. I used the Maybelline HyperCurl Mascara for this.

As for brows, I went with ColourPop's Brow Colour in Cool Cocoa for a fuller look!


For the cheeks, I used Colourette's Colourtint in Jordyn, a latte brown shade. Jordyn is more on the warmer side which is perfect because it doubles as brontour! For highlighter, I wanted to use a highlighter I haven't reached for in a while: Benefit's Watts Up! I absolutely love this highlighter because it's warm but it's more of a champagne-y/white gold shade which added more interest and a bit of color contrast to a rusty/coppery look. I applied Watts Up! on my cheekbones, nose bridge, tip of the nose, and Cupid's bow. LOVE this highlighter and I'm definitely bringing it with me on my upcoming trip!


Now let's go lips. Fun fact: I actually paired this look with a red-brown lip but I changed it last minute because the combo just made me look...SO mature. So scrap that, Imma go with a brown lip. Since I'm gonna be working with mattes, I primed my lips first with Colourette's Blur Balm. 

The lip combo I used consists of two Colourtints: Jordyn as my base and Olive for the inner portion of the lips. Unfortunately, I kept blending the two together that it ended up looking like one color. I swear, the ombre I created is now an Error 404- Not Found. But hey, it still ended up nicely, I think!

Oh, and I did add gloss: Detail's Jelly Lips.


And that's pretty much it for today's look! Something dramatic, something dark and smokey and brown. I don't think I'll wear this for the holidays (mainly because I don't think I'll have that much time to prep) but hey, maybe you can give this a spin! I missed doing such full on looks like this- maybe I should do more every now and then, yes?

See you on the next look! 


You May Also Like

0 comments