#TakeTheTint With Colourette Mini Colourtint in Isla

by - Friday, December 02, 2022

 


I for Isla.

For this month, I'll be featuring a lip product every Friday, so that's on the 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, and the 30th. What can I say, it's the holiday season- the perfect time to unleash my love for lippies haha!

Since this is the first one, I thought I'd ease in by featuring something that's safe and more on the neutral/nude side. It's one that I recently got and probably my new fave shade of Colourtint? (Yep, I got a new one- well, three to be exact. One of them is even in full size!)


Here is Isla, described as "the perfect nude". Now what exactly is a perfect nude? For me, I think the perfect nude can be: a). my perfect MLBB; b). something that suits all skintones; and c). a neutral brown shade. So which one best describes Isla?


So here's a little shade comparison of Isla and the other brown Colourtints that I have. Though Isla has a warm tone, it is more neutral than the other three. Isla also leans more pink while Olive is redder, Jordyn is browner, and Ocean is more orange in tone. Now you all know by now that Ocean is my go-to shade but now that I have Isla, I think Ocean has some serious competition now! 

Oh and before I forget, Isla is a fresh variant! In Colourette terms, a fresh variant means that it is sheerer and more natural-looking than its matte counterpart.


Here's Isla on the eyes. Honestly, this looks great on its own but even better as a base! Isla just has the right tone for an easy and quick eye look and it'll also look great with a shimmery shadow on top or a simple cat eye. I did notice though that Isla creases a bit when left on its own so it's best to set it with a powder, whether it be a translucent one or an eyeshadow.


Now here's something I'm obsessed with: Isla on the cheeks! I absolutely love how it just warms up my face without any orange tones! It actually reminds me of Vice Co's Contour in Porshur except of course Isla has a subtle pink tone to it which makes it a nice cheek color as well. Isla's fresh finish also makes it easier to work with. The matte Colourtints are pigmented on the cheeks but they can be a bit hard to blend out so Isla is a nice change from that. Yes, it's sheerer but I like that I have control over the opacity of it on my cheeks.


 Isla as a lip color is a vibe! At first, I thought it would look too cool and almost grayish on my lips but apparently Isla isn't that cool toned at all haha! I agree that Isla is indeed a perfect nude on the lips, at least on mine anyway. This is my perfect nude MLBB and I like that a subtle peach tone came out to play. I absolutely love it! I definitely see myself reaching for this at any time of the day!


Again, here's Isla on my eyes, cheeks, and lips. I think what I like about Isla is that it really fits into my "clean girl" makeup vibe. It's hard to find a nude that won't clash or wash out my skintone so it's nice that Isla does neither. So to answer the question earlier, Isla is all of the above. It's a perfect neutral MLBB/overall shade for any skintones! 10/10 would recommend and, I can't believe I'm saying this but, I think I love this more than I love Ocean!


You May Also Like

0 comments