For the Bounce and Hydration: Fresh Formula Jelly Bounce Daily Lite Moisturizer

by - Wednesday, December 07, 2022

 


Hydrating gel. 

Okay, good news: I have a moisturizer review for you guys! Bad news: it's from a brand that doesn't operate anymore. Sorry!!

I'm finally opening/using this product because one: I need a new moisturizer; and two: I need to know if it's good enough to bring with me on my upcoming holiday trip. I also want to know if the hype is real on this one, back when it was still selling like pancakes. Here's Fresh Formula's infamous Jelly Bounce!


Jelly Bounce is described as an everyday face gel that keeps the skin nourished and protected without the sticky feel. It is packed with actives such as seaweed extract (has ultra-hydrating, anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory qualities), green tea extract (reduces irritation, redness, and swelling), licorice extract (contains powerful antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals), feverfew (reduces damaged skin cells and inflammation), and Indian gooseberry (rich in antioxidants and has anti-aging properties). These ingredients reduce skin irritation while locking in skin moisture, making it perfect for all skin types, but especially for those with dry and easily-irritated skin. Bonus: it has SPF45 as well!

Just like other FF products, Jelly Bounce is vegan, cruelty- and paraben-free.


Unlike most moisturizers, Jelly Bounce is housed in a tub with a screw top lid, similar to Sooper Beaute's Bright Skin Serum. Jelly Bounce is smaller though, as it only contains 15ml of product. It also doesn't come with a spatula/scooper.

Jelly Bounce also has a pleasant scent to it. I can't really pinpoint the exact scent but it's a fresh fruity smell, like melon or cucumber.


Texture-wise, Jelly Bounce is a gel-based moisturizer through and through. It has the watery feel of one that just bursts and spreads easily on the skin. What I like about it is that it gets absorbed by the skin easily without the sticky or tacky feel. It also doesn't leave a thin film that sits on top of the skin and feels slippery. Like once it dries, it dries, which makes it perfect underneath makeup. I also like that even though it feels gentle on the skin, it hydrates really well. My skin feels bouncy (quite true to its name, huh), smooth, and calm.

Also, I love how I can use this on its own because it has SPF! I can just slather it on without using a separate sunscreen after it- such a time-saver! It actually reminds me of the Luxe Organix Aqua Daily Sunscreen as they're both gel-based, lightweight, and has SPF. Oh, and they perform well as skin prep too plus they don't give the face that dreadful white cast!


Overall, yes, I think I can understand all the hype with this product. It's a really good moisturizer and sunscreen sans the white cast and greasiness. The only complaint I have is that it's too small haha! Too bad it's quite hard to score it nowadays since Fresh Formula's now defunct and their resellers are low on stock too. So glad I was able to get my hands on one! 

PS. I'm definitely bringing this with me! BRB, placing it in my makeup bag now!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. When it comes to selecting the best cowboy hats for working, you'll want to consider your specific needs. Look for hats with durable materials such as leather or straw that offer both sun protection and breathability on hot days. Additionally, hats with wide brims can help shield your face from harmful UV rays while also keeping you cool and comfortable during long days at work out in the farm or field.

    ReplyDelete