Cool Red: ColourPop Lippie Pencil in Bossy

by - Friday, December 09, 2022

 


Red szn.

Rocking a red lip is definitely on my agenda this holiday season but we all know that a red lip is even better with a lip liner underneath. Applying a lip liner is crucial because it not only gives you a border or guide for easy application, it also makes sure that your lippie lasts longer and doesn't get messy by bleeding or feathering. It has always been my habit to always apply a lip liner first before putting on my red lippie and for this season, I have a new one to play with! 


ColourPop's Lippie Pencils are highly pigmented and long-wearing pencils that prevent feathering and help you achieve a fuller appearance of the lips. They are vegan and cruelty-free and retails for $7 each.


The lip pencils come in almost 40(!) different shades and the one I have here is Bossy, described as a "classic red". Specifically, Bossy is a cool-toned medium red and on my skintone, it also has a slightly berry/pinkish tone to it. Just like most lip pencils, Bossy has a matte finish.

What I like about Bossy is that it has a creamy but not too melty formula. It glides on the lips smoothly and easily but it doesn't feel too fragile to use. I've used some lip pencils in the past and some of them can be hard and rough on the skin and thankfully, Bossy is so easy to work with. As promised, it is very pigmented and surprisingly, it doesn't feel too drying on the lips despite its matte finish.


Here's Bossy on its own. This kind of shade, the red with a pink tone, isn't my cup of tea. However, it's perfect as a base for any lipstick, especially for reds and deep pinks. Since Bossy has a creamy feel to it, any lip product put on top of it will just stick and stay put. It won't slide around too much which means your lippie will stay on longer.


Here's a revelation: Bossy + clear gloss= red leather! Bossy transforms to a blood red hue and THAT is my cup of (red) tea. This is absolutely gorgeous! However, as time goes on, I can see that glossed up Bossy started to bleed along my lip lines so I think it's still best to set Bossy with a lippie then apply gloss. But UGH, this lip is a pretty one!


Bossy will be very used this month because I plan to rock red lips as much as possible. Bossy is a really good pencil, formula, price, and color-wise. HOWEVER, I do have one complaint: I wish it was more of a retractable pencil, or at the very least, comes with its own sharpener. You know, kind of like the Guerlain Le Stylo Levres. It's just a bummer that you need to have a separate sharpener for it when it can be placed at the bottom instead, you know? But yeah, that's my only issue with this pencil

Time to be bossy with Bossy! xx 


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. When it comes to selecting a bra for Elvie pump, it is important to consider a few factors. Firstly, you want to look for a bra that has easy access points for the pump attachments so that you can easily attach and detach the pump without any hassle. Additionally, you want to ensure that the bra provides enough support and comfort during pumping sessions.

    ReplyDelete