A Medium and a Match!: Lucky Beauty Serum Concealer in Henna

by - Monday, September 25, 2023

 


My first product from LB!

    Last year, I was all about bases like foundations and tinted moisturizers. For some reason, this year, I ditched them all in lieu of concealers. Right now, I'm all about concealing my imperfections while letting the rest of my skin breathe. Concealing lets me look presentable while letting my skin breathe, plus it makes getting ready quicker and simpler. For everyday, a concealer + powder combo is all I need.

I've been looking for a concealer that's more of a shade match than a brightening one, preferably neutral in tone and one that's under ₱500. I've always eyed new beauty brand Lucky Beauty and when I saw their good deals last month, I knew I had to try some of their products out. I purchased two items from them, one being their concealer!



    This is their Serum Concealer, a multifunctional concealer with a featherlight and silky formula that nourishes and moisturizes the skin. This concealer has a natural-looking finish and a medium to full buildable coverage.

This concealer retails for ₱349.


Love their packaging as it's simple and chic but I think one cool thing about their concealer is the wand! Instead of having the usual slanted doe foot applicator, this concealer has an hour-glass bubble type applicator. So cute and unique!


The Serum Concealer comes in 9 shades that can be used for concealing, brightening, and contouring. For concealing purposes, I picked a shade that's potentially a shade match: Henna, a medium neutral.

Not gonna lie, when I swatched Henna for the first time, I thought it was a too peachy/orange-y for a neutral shade. I've had my fair share of very orange-y concealers and I really hoped Henna won't be another. 

However, when I tried it on, Henna is pretty perfect! The peachy tone transforms into more of a skintone color that blends out well into my skin. The peach tone also serves as somewhat a corrector that tones down the darkness of my underyes and brightens them at the same time. 


I tried this concealer with two tools: a mini blender sponge and my go-to concealer brush. The mini blender gives a more seamless and dewy blend but this kind of sheers down the product's coverage. The concealer, however, ups the coverage of this concealer and can be built up to a full one. Both tools work well with the Serum Concealer; it'll just depend on the coverage and finish I want for a look. 

(And I also tried the concealer with my fingers. The concealer was pretty easy to blend out and I didn't have to drag or tug it around. The coverage was pretty spot on, similar to the brush's sans the streaks, though I still needed to blend out the edges further with a blender.)


    As far as my current concealers go, I'd say Serum Concealer's finish is my favorite. It's smooth, lightweight, and very dewy and healthy-looking on the skin. It doesn't have a matte finish so it's lighter on the undereyes and doesn't cake that much. I also like that it doesn't crack and become patchy when layered.


    Overall, I'm so happy with this product! Love how healthy-looking and nourishing it is on the face and how easy it is to blend out. It also lasts a long time, especially when set. As I've said before, it doesn't crack or cake and though it settles on my lines (what concealer doesn't, to be honest), a quick blend out with the finger solves it. 

After using this concealer, I don't think I can go back to matte ones haha! Though matte concealers have an undeniably fuller coverage, I think I'm willing to cut back on opacity if it means more hydration on my face, especially my undereyes. This concealer does a great job in concealing and hydrating and if you feel like your undereyes are in need of nourishing, this product's a great one to use. So glad I purchased this concealer! Now I'm tempted to get the matching powder foundation...


You May Also Like

0 comments