Amped Up Lashes with Heroine Make Volume Up Super Waterproof Mascara

by - Friday, September 22, 2023

 


Long-lasting length and volume? Yes, please!

    As you all know, when it comes to mascaras, I'm a sucker for a particular one: Maybelline's Hypercurl. I just love how long-lasting it is and more importantly, how it holds my lashes' curl for hours. It also doesn't smudge and flake on me and at the end of the day, it is pretty easy to remove. Lastly, it's very affordable and easy to find!

    A couple of weeks ago, I had to throw away my current Hypercurl tube because she's getting clunky and dry already. I've been using this tube since March so I think it's due for a replacement. However, instead of buying a new tube of the Hypercurl, I get to try a totally new mascara- one that's definitely a cult fave in the beauty community.



    I'm talking about the Heroine Make Volume Up Super Waterproof Mascara, an "ultimate life-proof" mascara whose buildable and waterproof formula creates dramatic volume without clumping. It also claims to be smudge-proof, sweat- and tears-resistant, and may last for up to 48 hours(!!). This mascara is recommended for thin, straight, and downward lashes. 

The Volume Up Mascara also has 6 eyelash-protecting ingredients, such as camela oil, royal jelly extract, argan oil, wild rose oil, panax ginseng extract, and almond oil. These ingredients help keep the lashes moisturized and hydrated. 

    This mascara was given to me by my sister (thank you, Ate Tati!) but I checked the price online and you can get it in KissMe PH's official store in the S app for ₱795.



Packaging is very sleek and straight and honestly, love the whole black and metal vibe. It has a slightly thin but curved wand, kind of like the sleeker version of Hypercurl's spoolie.


    Here's a before and after on my lashes! As you can see on the left, my lashes aren't that long and I definitely need to curl them beforehand. On the right are my lashes with just one(!) coat of the Volume Up! Love how it volumizes from the roots of my lashes, giving that illusion of fuller looking lashes. Though it is a volumizing mascara, I love how it also lengthens my lashes and holds the curl for a long time. It doesn't weigh my lashes down and it feels very lightweight as well!

When it comes to formula, I like that it's thin and fluid. I like my mascaras "wet" because I find that dry ones tend to clump and flake on me. This one has just the right consistency and I'd say that it is even thinner in comparison to the Hypercurl. Thankfully, even though its more fluid, it's easy to apply and it doesn't smudge that much.


I mean, I get the hype now! This mascara is amazing on the lashes but it's MAGIC on those with stubborn, straight, and short lashes. Love how it makes my lashes look volumized and lengthened; in fact, my lashes looked so on point that my mom even asked me if I was wearing falsies. That's how good this mascara is. 

    Its staying power is also pretty impressive. I've worn it for almost 10 hours and my lashes never lost its curl and the mascara never flaked or smudged on my eye area. It's very long-wearing and waterproof that it's actually a challenge to remove. Micellar water doesn't stand a chance against it so make sure to double cleanse with an oil-based makeup remover and a cleansing oil/balm to fully remove it from your lashes. (Or try Heroine Make's mascara remover to make things easier!)

    Overall, really good mascara that's both worth the hype and price!

You May Also Like

0 comments