Dazzling Lash Drama with Dazzle Me's Lock & Pop! Volumizing and Curling Mascara

by - Thursday, January 25, 2024

 


Volume up!

    As a girlie with short, stick-straight downward lashes, I make sure that the mascara I use not only lengthens my lashes but also holds their curl. I don't wear falsies on a daily basis so it's all up to my mascara to give my lashes the boost they need. I've tried a lot of mascaras already, from drugstore to luxury brands, and so far, only two mascaras are my go-tos: Maybelline's HyperCurl Volum Express Mascara, and recently, the Heroine Make Volume Up Mascara. Both are lightweight, lengthens my lashes, holds the curl of my lashes, and very VERY waterproof, sweatproof, and lifeproof. 

    Today, I have a new mascara to try out, courtesy of Dazzle Me. Do you think it'll join my go-to mascara roster?



    The Lock & Pop! Mascara is one that curls, lifts, and volumizes the lashes with its waterproof, smudge-proof, and sweat-proof formula. This formula includes a revolutionary film-forming agent that keeps the lashes up from day to night, as well as lash-loving squalene that keeps the lashes deeply nourished. This mascara also promises a 24-hour wear with no clumping- No Droops, Just Drama indeed!

Lock & Pop! retails for only(!) ₱199 for 9g of product.



     Let's talk packaging, as usual, shall we? Lock & Pop, not gonna lie, is quite a giant of a tube, at least when compared to the other mascaras I usually use. It's taller and a bit chunkier but I quite like it! I like that I can easily find it in my stash and makeup bags plus it feels like it won't easily crack or break. The overall look of this mascara is so young and fun, which is totally on brand for Dazzle Me.

   Not gonna lie, Lock & Pop!'s mascara wand/spoolie is bigger than I'm used to but don't worry, despite its size, it's actually pretty easy and clean to use. Though it's a big one, it's a tapered wand, or as I like to call it, a Christmas tree wand. This kind of wand easily hugs and coats the lashes without poking your eye. The tapered end helps a lot in coating the inner lashes as well!


    I've been wearing this mascara for days now and lemme tell you: you need to get this especially if you have stick straight lashes! I wasn't really expecting much from this mascara initially because I've been let down by curling/volumizing mascaras before but I'm happy that this isn't one of those! 

    First off, its formula has the right consistency. I like that it isn't a very wet mascara that takes a while to dry down and takes down my lashes in the process. Lock & Pop! is the perfect in-between: it's fluid enough to coat the lashes easily and thin enough to dry quickly. I daresay that it's even a bit than the Heroine Make mascara!  This kind of formula is just so easy to work with and wear so that alone earns a lot of brownie points from me!



    Secondly, this mascara does a great job in holding the curl of my lashes. Again, it all comes back to its superb formula that's thin and lightweight. It was able to coat my lashes generously and it didn't, even for once, uncurl my curled lashes. I also like that it was able to volumize and lengthen my lashes without the dreaded clumping. So their claims on this mascara being a no clumping, no drooping one? 100% true. 

    Lastly,  this mascara is legit all-proof. Once it sets, it sets, and you really have to put some muscle and patience in it by the time you need to remove it. My micellar water wasn't able to even put a dent on it and the only ones that removed the mascara successfully off my lashes are my Shu Uemura oil cleanser and my bi-phase makeup remover- and even with those I still needed to give my lashes a good scrubbing!


    Lock & Pop! mascara is truly a wonderful surprise and I'm so glad that I have a new mascara to add to my roster! I love that it really does give my lashes the length and volume they need while keeping the curl, plus I love how jet black this mascara is! If you're looking for a reliable mascara that won't budge for hours, I think the Lock & Pop! mascara is worth trying out. Not only is it a good mascara, it's also an affordable one as well! Who says you need to break the bank to have good lashes when Lock & Pop! is right here, eh?

You May Also Like

0 comments