Peach Szn with the SAEM Cover Perfection Tip Concealer in Peach Beige

by - Thursday, February 08, 2024

 


Is peach > orange?

    As a girlie with quite dark underyes, I've learn to accept and appreciate a good color correction. Specifically, an orange or orange-toned one. Using a color corrector on my underyes beforehand makes such a huge difference compared to only using a concealer. Not only does it cancel the dark tones (aka dark circles), it also brightens the undereyes without using a lighter shade of concealer. More importantly, using a corrector beforehand prevents the undereyes from looking gray- something I struggle with too!

    The correctors I always use are very orange, like Sooper Beaute's Skin Cover Tint in 04, Kryolan's orange TV Paint Stick, and the orange corrector in the Graftobian Theatrical Color Wheel. As much as I love those, I want to try something else, something a little lighter and less orange.



    I've been seeing the Saem's concealers all over my feeds and when I saw that they also had correctors, I thought I'd try out their orange one, or as they call it, Peach Beige. Their Cover Perfection Tip Concealers are liquid-based high adhering ones that have a soft focus effect on the skin and covers blemishes without cracking or clumping. Aside from their long lasting formula, these concealers also have SPF28 PA++.

The Cover Perfection Tip Concealer comes in 10 concealer shades, 2 corrector shades, 1 contour shade, and 1 brightener shade. Each concealer contains 6.5grams of product and retails from ₱158-₱200 on the S/Orange app.



    Shade-wise, Peach Beige is definitely the lightest orange corrector I've ever had. If I can describe it, it's really like a concealer with an orange undertone, like if you mix a concealer with an orange corrector, if you get what I mean?

    The consistency of this product is, again, quite similar to a liquid concealer. It's not runny but it's easy to spread out and blend. I find that they best tools to blend it with are a brush and your fingers. A sponge has the tendency to thin it out so I think it's better to save the sponge for the concealer on top instead.



    So here's the deal with this corrector. Though it's like a concealer/corrector hybrid, it does a good job in neutralizing my dark circles but I think what impressed me more were its coverage and brightening effect. I didn't expect this corrector to have a decent amount of coverage! It has more of a medium coverage so if you're a fair-skinned girlie, you're pretty much set with just this concealer. On medium to medium-tan girlies though, it'll look too light so we still need to layer on a concealer that matches our skintone on top. But yeah, this corrector having a decent coverage was a nice surprise!

    Though this corrector can be quite light on my skintone, I can say that it does a great job in brightening my undereyes. It has a lifting effect, I suppose, that just makes my undereyes look, well, less haggard haha! Because of its orange tone, its brightening effect on my skintone is much more natural looking than, say, a yellow-toned concealer which is probably why I love how it looked on me.


So here's a before and after with only the corrector on my undereyes. As you can see, it neutralized and brightened my undereyes. But because I'm medium toned, it looks quite a bit light on its own.


Now here I have the corrector plus a concealer on top. The concealer I used on top has a dewy effect which balances this corrector out because of its matte finish. As you can see, even with the concealer on top, my undereyes are covered, neutralized, and brightened without looking too cakey and makeup-looking. I love how the corrector also provides additional coverage to the concealer!



    If you're looking for a corrector that's less intimidating and easier to use, then I think you'll like this one from the Saem. It's really like an orange-toned concealer so it'll feel like one as well. However, if you'd really like to fully neutralize dark areas like veins and the undereyes, I feel like pure orange correctors do that job better. That's one con of this Tip Concealer corrector: it may work on the undereyes but not much on veins and scarring. So I guess it'll all come down to preference: if you want to deeply neutralize dark areas, then go for the orange correctors. If you're after the brightening effect and the additional coverage, then go for the Saem's Peach Beige. 

    Personally, I really like using Peach Beige on days when I just want to wear minimal makeup. I'm pretty much set with just this and a concealer on top as this combo gives me a decently concealed and brightened undereye. However, when I want to achieve a full beat, I'm partial to using a pure orange corrector so that I can also neutralize my veins and scars without looking too light on the face.

    Now that I've tried the Saem's corrector, I feel like it's only right to also try out their concealers. Now which shade should I get??

You May Also Like

0 comments