Pen for the Arches: Sooper Beaute Eyebrow Pen

by - Friday, January 19, 2024

 

A new brow product in my stash!

    When it comes to brow products, my recent go-to kinds are the mascara, soap, and pomade. Love using the mascara and soap on days when I just want a groomed look and less of the filled in look, and the pomade on days when I want my brows to look on fleek. Though I'm pretty comfortable already with these products, there's one more kind I'm just dying to try out: the brow pen. 

    Brow pens are the rage right now because these are the products that can help you create clean precise lines aka brow hairs that can add dimension and texture to your brows. I've seen some use brow pens to fill in sparse areas of their brows- something I wanna try out on myself! So during the double number sale last year (maybe the 11.11 one? Can't remember, tbh), I got my very first brow pen!


    Sooper Beaute is a local brand that I constantly buy my serums from but they also do makeup products, including brow pens! Sooper Beaute's Eyebrow Pen's waterproof and smudge-proof formula and ultra fine tip help in creating hair-like strokes for defining the brows with ease. This pen can be used for either natural-looking brows or for a full bushy brow effect.

    The Eyebrow Pen's formula is vegan and retails for ₱220.


 As far as packaging goes, it's pretty much your usual standard brow pen, although I've seen pens that are a bit sleeker than this. I do like the simplicity of this one, though!

As you can see, its tip is thin and sharp, perfect for creating thin strokes both on your brows and eyes! Yep, you read that right: you can also use the Eyebrow Pen as eyeliner! What I like about the pen is that even though it's thin, it's not flimsy. You can put a little pressure on the tip and it won't bend, splay, or break!


Now let's talk shade. Unfortunately, this brow pen only comes in one shade: a dark brown. I appreciate that this brown leans towards a neutral tone although I observed that it tends to turn reddish when blended out. I wish this was more of a cool brown though, like a brown gray, so it's more flattering on most brows.

Though I'm not a big fan of this shade on my brows, I quite like it as eyeliner! Love that it's dark enough to define my eyes but not as harsh as a black liner.


    As I previously said, this is my first rodeo with an eyebrow pen so bear with me here. Apparently with pens, there's a learning curve to making it work. It's not like a pomade or a brow powder where you can go ham and just blend everything afterwards, you know? Although technically you can do that with brow pens, I think your main objective with pens is to create hair-like strokes rather than filling or coloring the brows, if that makes sense?

When I first used the pen, I had a bit of a struggle because instead of hair-like lines, I ended up with...dots??? Like, that was not a vibe haha! After a few tries and a few video tutorials later, I *think* I figured it out: you need to be confident with it. Confident but still light-handed, and you really need to do long strokes to not end up with dots on your brows.

Here's what a few tries and practices got me:


    I know, it's giving Emma Stone in Poor Things haha! I do like how bushy my brows are though! Like, I'm not mad at it but I'm not sure it's a look I'd do on a daily basis.


    In terms of application, I really appreciate the fine tip of the Eyebrow Pen. I like how I was able to create thin lines on my brows with ease and I love how the formula itself doesn't take too long to dry down. However, I feel like the Eyebrow Pen is not the most beginner-friendly pen in the market, mostly because of how pigmented it is! The pigment is full-on that I feel like it's hard to build it up without overfilling the brows. I wish the coverage was more of a sheer to medium so that it's easier to control and use.

Personally, I won't use this pen alone to fill in my brows. The pigment is too much and again, for me, using this is quite time consuming. BUT I will use this for definition, after filling my brows with either a pomade or powder. I'd use this pen to add in a few brow hairs for dimension, to add fluffiness back to the brows just so they won't look like colored in arches, you know?

Those with bushy brows may or may not like this but for those with thin brows, I think this would be a great product for you. This will instantly make your brows look fuller and fluffier in an instant!



Overall, Sooper Beaute's Eyebrow Pen is a good product but not the most beginner-friendly. It's pigmented so you need an extra light hand when using it but at least it doesn't smudge easily. Shade range is quite disappointing so I wish they'd release more shades in the future, preferably with a neutral or cool tone. It's one of the more affordable brow pens in the market so it won't break the bank too much if you want to try it out. 

Rating: 7/10


You May Also Like

0 comments