Peach, Please!: Issy Active Color Corrector in Light Peach

by - Friday, May 03, 2024

 


A nice corrector from a local brand!

As a girly with dark circles, I used to rely heavily on concealers to cover them up. I used to pile them on, hoping it would at least lighten the circles underneath my eyes. However, this would end up with me having cakey and dry undereyes, as well as gray toned undereyes at the end of the day. Apparently, I missed one crucial step in my concealing routine: a corrector!

Ever since I discovered the magic of an orange corrector on the undereyes, my routine is now incomplete without it. An orange or peach corrector neutralizes dark, bluish pigmentations on the skin and applying it beforehand works wonders. It not only corrects the discoloration, it also saves you from applying too much concealer on those areas. I find that using a corrector also fixes the problem of the gray cast on my undereyes, which is a win!

I've only used a few orange correctors in the past and most of them are more on the thicker, creamy side. Here I have a corrector that's totally new to me in terms of texture and pigmentation!


    

Today's corrector is part of Issy's Active Color Correctors, which are lightweight discoloration camouflagers that have a blendable gel formula that corrects discoloration while hydrating the skin. These correctors are enriched with Purslane extract, aloe leaf juice, and Centella Asiatica extract that all help in calming and hydrating the skin.

    The Active Color Correctors are vegan and fragrance- and cruelty-free, as well as non-comedogenic. Each corrector contains 15ml of product and retails for ₱349.


   

     Issy's packaging of their Active Correctors is definitely different from the ones I've encountered and used. Most of the correctors I come across either come in a concealer-type tube with a doe foot applicator (liquids) or in a pot (creams). Issy's Correctors are in a soft squeeze-type tube that, not gonna lie, I have mixed feelings about. 

I like it because the tube is quite nostalgic to me as it reminds me of those glittery kiddie/teen lipgloss tubes I had when I was younger, and on a professional level, these correctors are definitely more hygienic. On the flip side, I kind of dislike it because the product, which has a thin consistency, just flows out of the mouth of the tube, which can sometimes be messy and wasteful of product. So yeah, I'm still on the fence about this type of packaging. Maybe they can improve on the stopper?



    The correctors come in 5 shades: Green, Salmon, and three shades of Peach: Light, Medium, and Deep. The one I have here is Light Peach, the shade that neutralizes darkness and ashy gray tones on light to medium skin tones.

    Light Peach is indeed a great corrector on light-medium skintones (which I have!) because the more you blend it out, the more it looks like a skin-tone peach. Isn't that cool?? This shade subtly brightened up my undereye area instantly without looking too harsh and Oompa Loompa-y. 

    For me, this has a sheer but buildable to a medium opacity.



    Another thing that's different is that this peach corrector has a very thin and fluid consistency. Most of the correctors I've worked with were creamier, akin to the consistency of a concealer wherein it's thin and creamy but not runny. I'm not saying it's a negative aspect; it's just different and requires a different approach.

    Because of the formula being thin and runny, I find that it's best to apply and blend with either a concealer brush or your fingers (or sometimes both). Both tools, I find, makes this corrector stick more to your skin while maintaining its opacity. I've tried blending it with a sponge but it just absorbed and thinned the corrector out even more.

    What I like about this corrector is that I can layer and build up its intensity without feeling to drying and heavy or sticky on the skin. That's the skincare aspect of this product for you! I like how it still feels hydrating on the undereyes with after three layers and it doesn't feel too thick even when concealer is applied on top.



     So here are my undereyes with the corrector alone. I didn't blend it out fully on the photo above so you can see easily see it on my undereyes. Again, it won't fully cover up your dark circles since it has a sheer-medium opacity but look how that just brightened my undereyes without looking too orange! I like that it looks skin-toned on the face and not just straight up orange like Nami's (from One Piece) hair. I also applied a layer of the corrector on the two veins on each side of my mouth.



     And here it is with concealer on top. With the orange corrector beneath, I only need the right amount of concealer on my undereyes to conceal and brighten the area. I don't need a thick layer of concealer to combat the darkness because the orange corrector already did it for me! There's still a bit of shadow that can be seen on the undereyes but I'd say the corrector helped improve that situation a lot! On my veins, however, it looks like they disappeared! The corrector did a great (and even better) job on my veins, I think!



    Overall, Issy's Active Color Corrector in Light Peach is a good everyday corrector you can use not only on your undereyes but also on other dark areas of your face like veins and pimple scars/marks (not on active breakouts, though, that are red! Use a green corrector for those.). For its price and how much product you get, I think it's a good buy! The pigment and color of Light Peach matches perfectly on my skintone as well so it definitely makes color correcting easier and faster. Packaging can be improved, though. Again, this is more for everyday use as coverage is a bit sheer and some of the discoloration will still peak through a little bit. So if you don't mind that, then give this color corrector a try!


You May Also Like

0 comments