2015 Summer Must-Haves

by - Monday, March 23, 2015

It may be a bit cloudy these past few days but April's just around the corner and that means one thing: summer's in full swing, baby! I feel like April's the month where the sun is at its brightest and everyday is like an oven. Ahh, only in the PH.

I'm not the biggest fan of summer but I try to enjoy it before the rainy months come. Here I have a little list of must-haves that, fingers crossed, will help me enjoy the hot weather. I divided it in two groups, so let's start, shall we? Oh and before I start, I excluded sunscreen/sunblock because I think it's a NECESSITY and therefore should always be in your must-haves list for all seasons.


**Thank goodness for Polyvore, amirite? Couldn't have done them collages without it. Photos in both sets are just for representation. I don't own any of the items in the photos but if you're interested in them, just click either photos and that will lead you to the Polyvore page where you'll see the names and prices of the products. Oh, and follow me too while you're at it, yeah? :D

BEAUTY MUST-HAVES

Bright Nail Polishes
Summer's the best time to wear a lot of colors so why not start on painting your nails with the brightest color you have? I personally love my dark hues but for summer's sake, I'd wear something bright and/or colorful. My picks from my collection are essence 116 Gorgeous Bling Bling, essence 156 Me & My Lover, and China Glaze Blue Year's Eve. And oh, I have a couple of colorful glitter polishes too!

Colored Liner
I'm not a big fan of wearing colorful shadows so I try to inject color in my eye look through one thing I love the most: eyeliner! Put down your black and brown liners for a while and pick up a lively color instead. I love using blue and violet the most! :)

Waterproof Mascara
For days when I'm not in the mood to do eye makeup, I turn to mascara to make my eyes look a bit more alive. For summer, I just have to have a tube of waterproof mascara. Two of the tried and tested waterproof mascaras that I have are the MAC Zoom Waterfast Lash and my forever favorite Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes.

Lip Balm
My lips get dry easily so imagine how bad they'll be when summer rolls. For days when I can't be bothered to put on a lippie, a lip balm is my bff. Sometimes when I want both color and hydration, I go for tinted lip balms. 

Blotting Paper
Last but not least is something you should bring with you everywhere you go, especially when you have makeup on. The T-zone will definitely shine (punny, no?) this season and blotting papers make sure to remove the shine without bothering your makeup.


FASHION MUST-HAVES

Hair Elastics
Personally, this is the most important thing I should have at all times. Forget about the beauty products; just gimme lots of elastics. I pretty much hate it when my hair's down and it gets all over my face and other people's faces. Better tie it up than end up looking like a bruha! :P

Sandals
Sandals over flip flops anytime. I feel like sandals give any outfit a casual chic vibe while flip flops just scream lazy to me. I'm still hunting for a summery pair and I've been looking on and offline. Ooh, I just saw a wide range of flat sandals at ZALORA's Marketplace and I am loving them! Hopefully I get to find a pair I can use this summer season!

Sunglasses
A must-have through and through. Sunglasses are our eyes' protection from sun glare which causes headaches and eye pain. Plus, they make anyone instantly cool (punny part two) and chic, don't you think? Just don't be one of those jerks who wear sunglasses indoors. Only Anna Wintour has the right to do that. ;)


And there you have it, my mini must-haves list of Summer 2015. What's yours?


You May Also Like

0 comments