HD Class Day Three

by - Wednesday, June 15, 2011

  For today's class, we discussed men's makeup and mature women makeup. We did men's makeup first, which was more brief and easy than the usual women makeup. Here's Sir Jeave doing the demo.


  Want to see before and after photos? You know what to click below.

  Back to the demo, here's the before photo of the model.


  For men's makeup, it's the usual: foundation, concealer, and bronzer. We don't usually trim or shave the brows, we just comb it. The foundation should be a shade or two darker than his usual skin tone so that he will appear darker or tanned.

After:

  As for my work, here's my before:

  And here's the after photo:
  Obviously, he now looks sun-kissed/tanned. I'm kind of proud too because it was my first time to blend two foundations and the blended foundation looked good on him and also because my highlight/concealer wasn't too pale or white. Unfortunately, I was the last to finish in class so boo for that. :(

  Next is for mature women. We didn't have a demo but instead we just had a brief discussion. We discussed some pointers like not to use cool toned foundations, not to use dark lip colors, stuff like that. So now onto my work. :)

Before:

After:
  Honestly, I enjoyed doing mature women makeup. It was easier and more fun. I was also able to apply fake lashes easily. Both of my teachers were glad with my work. I loved how the eyes turned out. I can say I was more satisfied with this than with what I did yesterday. Also, we finished an hour earlier than our usual time. From 5 pm, we finished at 4. This is progress. I think. :P

  Today was tiring as usual, but I had fun again. It's amazing how people's looks transform into something more polished and made up. That's why I love makeup.

PS. Here's my I'm-so-tired-after-class look. :)


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. excellent! now we have a target market -- apparently you're good at geriatric cosmetology! seriously though, the works good, your male model's face looks a hell lot smoother, and lola looks hot! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, thanks Ate! Sabi nga ng teacher ko, "Ayan, mukha nang haciendera si lola!" :))

    ReplyDelete