HD Class Day Four

by - Friday, June 17, 2011

  Before I start, I have to state that this entry is a day late. I was so tired yesterday, and when I'm tired, I'm really, really lazy to blog.

  Anyway, the fourth day was about makeup for photography, smokey eyes, and red lips. Makeup photography includes bridal, colored, and black & white photography. As always, we had a demo and hands-on activity.

  On the second photo above, you can see the model and our two instructors: Sir Jeave and Ms. Cristephanie. Both are makeup artists, stylists, and owners of the HD Makeup Studio and Academy. Ms. Stef did the first demo on smokey eye on the left eye of the model and the lips. Sir Jeave did a demo on doing a smokey eye in a different way on the right eye.


Before:

After:
  This kind of look works in black and white photography. It will definitely show up because of the strong colors on the eyes and lips. Also, instead of using blush, illuminizers were used. This is because pink blushes will appear gray on the photo, causing the cheeks to sink and not pop.

  For my work, I wasn't that happy. Why? Because the smokey eye I did looked so dirty, messed up, and all over the place. It looks okay with her eyes open but not too much when she closes her eyes. Oh well. I'm still new to this.

Before:

After:

  Now, before you criticize me for doing a dark smokey eye and bright red lips, let me explain few things. It's kind of dark because I kind of packed a lot of black on the lid so I had a hard time blending it. Plus, I didn't have a cream base so it was really hard to blend and fade out. As for the red lips, we were required to use red so that we can practice doing a symmetrical and clean red lips. I'm still new to all this so please go easy on me! x

  And to close this post, here's a fail black and white photo.


You May Also Like

3 comments

  1. don't be too hard on yourself, you'll get there eventually. ;)

    may i suggest you spray toner on your model. the face shop has one of those, and i can send you mine coz it dries my skin.

    and remember to clean your brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and robert asks if you can do something about your model's nose, so that it looks a little more narrow, "para matangos" daw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contoured the nose na, pero some things are just impossible to do... :P

    ReplyDelete