LOTD. September First. ELF

by - Thursday, September 01, 2011

  Decided to be productive today by doing a makeup look. The product for today is e.l.f.'s Brightening Eye Color in Luxe. I bought this product a month ago and because I was so busy and tired, I forgot to do a mini review about it. So here it is.

  I bought this quad because I thought I'll use it in my airbrush class. I spent 129php just so I can get the red eyeshadow in it. I was not able to use it in the end but I thought this will be a useful quad after all. I tried it one time and I love how daytime appropriate it is.


The Quad
  The quad is okay. Nothing too amazing about it. I like how small and compact it is. I also like the little mirror at the bottom. The shadows aren't that pigmented but the finish is satin-like so it's okay with me. To make the shadows pop more, you can either: put an eyeshadow primer and/or an eyeshadow base (a white one will make a difference). I think this quad is perfect for those who are new to applying eye makeup. Girls who want soft/muted colors on their lids. Plus, the quad has a lot of color color combinations to choose from.

The Look
  I didn't follow the steps on their video. I felt like red on the lids was not so flattering. So I decided to use it the way I want to use it. But of course it still depends on you. Be creative, be comfortable, have fun.

PS. Please don't mind my eyebrows. I'm gonna get them shaped and trimmed and shaved soon. :)

Things I Used:
A. Face
- Sephora Smoothing & Mattifying Primer
- e.l.f All Cover Stick in Honey (used for the undereye area)
- Jurlique Silk Finishing Powder in Rose (used to set and powder)
- (Yes, I'm not wearing any foundation at all since I'm stuck here at home all day. But of course you have to use foundation, especially when you'll go out.)

B. Eyes
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
- e.l.f Brightening Eye Color in Luxe (On the lids, I used the lightest brown shadow; the yellow shadow for the inner corners and brow bone; the red shadow on the crease; & the darkest brown on the outer corners/ outer v for depth.)
- Prestige Cosmetics Total Intensity Eyeliner in Blackest Black
- Nichido eyelash curler
- Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Express mascara

C. Cheeks
- NYX Makeup Artist Kit First two blushes (the golden beige for contour and baby pink for cheeks)

D. Lips
- Nichido lip liner in Rosette
- Simple Pleasures Shimmering Lip Gloss

E. Brushes
- Love & Beauty eyeshadow brush
- Love & Beauty contour brush
-Suesh eyeshadow brush'
-Suesh spoolie 
- G-Lish angled eyeliner brush (not included in the photo)
- G-Lish blush brush

  I think a bit of a smudged/smoked black liner on the top and/or bottom lash lines will makes this look interesting (Think of the makeup of the girls in Pretty Little Liars). You can also add natural looking falsies too. Don't you think this makeup is appropriate for my age? (I'll be turning 18 this September.)

  And before I go, here's a random photo. :)


You May Also Like

0 comments