Birthday Lunch/Haul

by - Sunday, September 11, 2011

  Met up with four of my friends for lunch. Since I won't be here on my birthday, I decided to do a little celebration today.

  We met up in Robinson's Galleria and had lunch in The Thai Kitchen, an eat-all-you-can restaurant that serves (obviously) Thai food. Their eat-all-you-can costs 249php and comes with a complimentary glass of iced tea but I made it bottomless instead.

  So yes, it's the five of us: me, Lorraine, Darren, Marione, and Fatima. Actually, Fatima was the last to arrive! We kept teasing her "Filipino time! Filipino time!" Apparently, she got lost since she didn't know where we were.

  The food was okay. I honestly didn't know what Thai food actually tastes like, so I had an open mind as I ate. I enjoyed it. It's something you should try but, in my opinion, not exactly something you'll crave for the next few days.
  If I remember, here are the ones I ate: Khao Kluk Kap (Shrimp Paste Fried Rice), Por Pia Sod (Fried Spring Roll), Creamy Dory Fish with Tofu, Kai Dtoon (Hard-boiled Eggs in Sweet Sauce), Thai Style Steamed Pork Siomai, Chicken Satay, Chicken Pandan, soup that has lemongrass and calamansi (I really like this soup but I'm not sure what it's called), Fried Bacon Meatballs, Tako, Coffee Jelly, and Gelatine Salad. Wasn't able to eat more because I was full already.

  Here are more photos of us:
  After lunch, me and my friends went to Photoline to have our picture taken. Went to Bestsellers afterwards to kill time.
  We got our photos after 30 minutes and that's when we parted. I'll miss them! I won't see them for 3 months. Boo. :(

  Anyway, Mom and I went to SM Megamall to buy hair decorations since I'll be needing some during my stay in Singapore. I bought cute U-pins and some feathers that I'll turn into eyelashes. I bought these in Carolina's.
  Also went inside the department store where I bought this. Can you believe that it's only 199.75php?

  I also received gifts from Darren and Fatima. Fatima got me a jar of yummy meringue kisses from Sugarhouse.
  And guess what Darren gave me? LIKE OMG, ALL TIME LOW'S DIRTY WORK!! (I'm wearing the baller that came with it as I make this blog post, fyi).
  Thanks a lot, Darren and Fatima! <3 <3 <3
  Come to think of it, this will be my last Sunday here in the Philippines since I'll be in Singapore for the next three months. New surroundings, new experiences. Can't wait.


You May Also Like

0 comments