2011 Favorites: Beauty Products

by - Friday, December 30, 2011

Here's a list of the products I loved this 2011. :)

  Since the year is ending soon, I decided to create a list of the products I used and loved the whole year. Just a little reminder: I did NOT use all the products on myself. Keep in mind that I am a makeup artist so most of these products are used on other people (clients, models, etc.). I occasionally use some if I'm in the mood or if I do tutorials though. I'm not really fond of putting makeup on my face all the time but if I do, I use my own especially face products like primers, foundations and concealers. I picked these products as favorites because I saw how they worked on other people which, for me, is very important. Without further ado, let's start!


A. PRIMERS:
 My most favorite, hands-down amazing primer I've ever encountered and used is the Nutriforce Anti-Shine HD Primer. I got this primer when I studied my first course in HD Makeup Studio & Academy last June. This primer may look small but a little goes a long way. I've used it in my 3 courses here and I also brought it with me when I went to Singapore (where I also had photoshoots). This is probably one of the most used items in my kit and there's still a lot left! I love this primer because it really did hold everything I put on the face in place. It's tried and tested. And it's worth every penny.

The primer I use on myself is Sephora's Smoothing and Mattifying Primer. And yes, I do regret not buying the full bottle when I was in Singapore. I use it whenever I put any makeup on, especially when I put liquid or mineral powder foundation. It really does mattify the skin and so far I don't get any breakouts from it. This product is worth trying.

B. Foundation:
  Another HD product I love is RCMA's Color Process Foundation. This foundation has almost 50% coverage and it blends so well. I always use this foundation during shoots since it has a matte finish. I prefer using foundations with a matte finish because it gives me the liberty to use highlighters and illuminators.
*photos from this post.

C. Palettes
  My number one, go-to, and all time favorite palette is non other than Urban Decay's Naked Palette. My sister gave this to me as a graduation gift last April (click here to see post). THIS IS A MUST HAVE! You have no idea how many times I've used this palette this year. I used it to create natural and bridal looks, as well as smokey looks. This is probably the most versatile palette out there. And I love it!
  The second palette that I really like is the Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles Candelabra Edition palette. My sister got this for me last November and I've used this in my school's (Cosmoprof) portfolio building and my last two photoshoots in Singapore. I love how pigmented the shadows are. And what really made me get it is the shadow WTF. Gorgeous red. I actually have a post about the palette so if you're interested, click here to see that post

D. Liners
For pencil liners, I love using MAC's Smolder and Fascinating eye kohls, NYX Jumbo Pencils in Cottage Cheese and Milk, and Prestige's Total Intensity Eyeliner in Jet Black. These are staples. I'll go crazy if they're not in my kit!

 I'm a total gel eyeliner person and I think I finally found my match: MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack. This is another product that's tried and tested by me. The first time I used it was when I went to Universal Studios Singapore. You might think I'm crazy for wearing eyeliner but I think that's the perfect testing ground for any product. I brought it with me just in case. So after all the rides and the sweat and water, I pulled out a compact mirror to check, and I was super surprised that nothing happened to it! It didn't smudge at all! The second time I used it was when I watched All Time Low's concert. I went home with perfect liner, as if I didn't go to a concert. It's that amazing. I wouldn't mind buying it again. Oh, and I also used it when I recreated JoJo's look in her music video, "Disaster".

E. Mascara
  I have several mascaras in my kit and so far my most favorite and most used mascara is MAC's Zoom Fast Black Lash. It doesn't move too and I always partner it with Blacktrack. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's too wet especially when you apply the first coat. But when it dries, it stays on pretty well.

F. Curler
 Shu Uemura's curler is, so far, the best curler I have in my kit. Must have!

G. Lipsticks
  Truthfully, I don't really wear lipstick. I have lipsticks in my kit for job purposes. But whenever I look at lipsticks, I always look at lipsticks with medium to dark colors. There's just something fascinating about those colors. These are my favorites in my kit and they're all from Elizabeth Arden.

  For the lighter shades, I only like three. But I always use lighter ones for natural and bridal looks. And any kit should have lipsticks with light shades right?

H. Others
  I love Eight Hour Cream! It keeps my face moisturized and at the same time keeps it protected from the sun. I also used this as a primer and it works great. A little goes a long way too.

  I also like MAC's Fix+. It can be used as a spritzer and I use it to make shadows, especially pigments, pop. When sprayed on the face, it feels hydrating and fresh. It smells good too!

  My favorite brush set so far is my Suesh 28-piece set. The hair is so soft and it offers me a lot of eye brushes. I love using these. If I'll get another brush set, I will definitely buy a set from Suesh. And it's not that expensive too, considering that you get 28 good quality brushes.

  The last favorites are two new additions to my brush collection: MAC 211 and Suesh's Bent Eyeliner Brush, both for gel liners. Because sometimes angled brushes aren't enough. ;)

  So there you have it! My makeup collection is growing and hopefully I get to share more products next year. What's YOUR favorite beauty products this year? x 

You May Also Like

0 comments