Beauty Haul: Singapore

by - Tuesday, January 22, 2013

  Here's a little haul from Singapore, beauty edition! The sale season in Singapore is crazyyy, from 30% off to almost 70%! Anyway, I managed to get a little loot for myself from Sephora, Watsons and from my sister. :P

  First off are the stuff I got from Sephora. I swear Sephora is one of my happy places in Singapore. The atmosphere is just different and you see a lot of makeup brands that aren't available here which makes me more excited. And they don't just sell makeup. They've got skincare needs, perfumes, hair products, and even bath products.

This is probably the best thing my sister and I got from Sephora. Naked Basics (S$42) contains 6 shadows- 1 shimmer like Virgin from the Naked palette and 5 matte shadows. This palette is perfect for everyday use and I love the fact that I have matte shadows for blending! The shadows have great payoff and goes on smoothly. Can't wait to play with it!

  One of my favorite stalls is Soap & Glory. They've got pretty awesome stuff from makeup to hair products to bath products. I love their body scrubs so I got Scrub 'Em and Leave 'Em Body Buff (S$7). Unlike my favorite Flake Away, this scrub smells pretty strong. Nevertheless, I'd still give it a go.

  I also decided to pick up Glad Hair Day (S$7) conditioner. I admit it smells a little odd, or perhaps different from the usual floral/fruity smelling conditioners. But in fairness to it, it does detangle my hair and my hair seems glossy when I use it.

The last thing I got is MAC's Zoom Waterfast Lash mascara (S$29), a replacement for my Zoom Fast Black Lash.

  I also paid Watsons a visit. I love cosmetics section of Watsons. They've got a lot of brands in store like Revlon, L'Oreal, Maybelline, Canmake, Majolica Majorca, Rimmel, Kate, and various Japanese makeup brands. I was even delighted to see Dolly Wink! Oh what a joy!
  One of the best things about Singapore is that new collections are always available, even in drugstore brands. When I saw the Color Tattoo collection, I swatched them right away. Bad to the Bronze is hands down my most favorite shade. It's very opaque and very charming. You can use it as your lid color, a base, or an eyeliner. What I like about the Color Tattoo is that they set pretty quickly, and when it sets, it doesn't smudge. I bought mine for $S12.90 because they had an introductory sale. If I'm not mistaken, the regular price is around S$15.

Sally Hansen was having a sale too so I picked up this nail polish called Flirt (S$7). It's such a gorgeous color. It's kind of a dark red, almost as dark as red wine but not entirely black. I haven't swatched it yet but I will soon.

I also got two hairsprays from Liese. I know Liese for their hair dyes but this time I decided to try their hairsprays. One hairspray is Free Arrange and Super Hard. Each costs around S$8.90 but that's the sale price. Regular price is around S$10-11 I think. I love the smell of these! These smell very fruity, I can smell it all day! (Ok maybe not...)

  My sister also got me some stuff. She went to the warehouse sale of L'Oreal, Maybelline, Garnier, etc. and she bought lots of stuff. I was able to get two lipsticks and a mascara.
New year, new stuff. Yay!!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great haul! Soap and glory loveeee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really keen to get my hands on the basic pallet! x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete