Sponge Cleaning

by - Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cleaning my blenders/sponges is the first thing I do every time a makeup gig is over. I make sure to remove the foundation and correctors and other stuff that's in there. Blenders are not like disposable sponge wedges that you can, well, dispose after a single usage. These are sturdy sponges that you can reuse over and over again until it flakes. But they're also expensive; hence, you need to take care of them to prolong their life. In this post, I'll show you how I clean my beauty blenders, which is also applicable to disposable cosmetic sponges and puffs.

  The procedure below is how I wash my blenders. I learned two different ways on how to wash them and I decided to combine those steps because I feel like the sponges are cleaner when I do both steps.

For the products, I use two: SafeGuard soap and Daiso's Sponge Detergent. (I bought mine in Singapore. I can't believe how good this is considering it's only S$2!)

1. Wet the sponge first to make it damp.
2. Apply several drops of the sponge detergent and start cleaning your sponge. Squeeze the excess detergent and water and continue rubbing the dirty areas of the sponge until it's spotless. 
3. Rinse and squeeze the sponge to remove excess water.
4. Rub SafeGuard all over your sponge. Technically, this will be the second time you'll clean your sponge.
5. Rinse, squeeze, and dry.

So that's how I clean my sponges. I also use warm water occasionally. You can use the soap and detergent on their own so no need to worry about getting both. I just like using soap afterwards because it makes my sponges smell good. If you're going to use soap only, make sure to use an anti-bacterial one.

Hope you learned something from this post! :) Also, how do YOU clean your sponges and puffs? Feel free to share!

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I have been wondering about this technique.Your tips is very helpful to me. so thanks for posting.

    Maid Services Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for posting this amazing type of post here... keep updating and keep posting you'll do something amazing thanks a lot.
    Sponge Wipe Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makeuppuff is a newly developed project of QINGDAO SOFTCARE PRODUCTS CO LTD. for ladies. Natural and trendy products is always the goal we pursue with determined mind. And we’ll launch out more products for this field step by step.
    makeup puff manufacturer
    cosmetic sponge manufacturer
    beauty blenders wholesale

    ReplyDelete