Eyeshadow Tag!

by - Friday, April 04, 2014


Yep, you've read that right- another beauty tag! The Perfect Palette Tag inspired to create something similar to it, hence this tag. I'm not sure if there's already one out there but in case there isn't, well, here it is. 20 shadow-related questions that will make you rummage through your palettes, singles, trios, and quads. Good luck!


Let's start! 


1. Most used eye primer/s.
- I currently use two primers, depending on what I feel like using: Too Faced Shadow Insurance and MAC Painterly Paint Pot. Another product I use is the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, although I don't see it as a primer. I think it's more of a base, something you use after primer so that your shadows will pop even more.

2. Most used shadow and least used shadow.
- Most used: Freestyle. I love using it on the lids and brow bone. Least used: Gunmetal. I think I've used this just once on a shoot and I've never used it since. /sigh

3. Favorite shadow finish/es
-Matte and satin!

4. Favorite shadow to use for the crease.
- I find myself using the brown shadow in my Cosmoprof shadow most of the time mainly because it's a true brown (no red undertone), it's buildable, and it's flattering on almost all skin tones.

5. Most used shadow on the outer v.
- For deepening the corners, I use Backdoor. If I want the outer corners to be dark but not smokey dark, I use Buck.

6. Most used highlighting shadow for the brow bone and/or inner corners.
- I always use Virgin on both if most of the shadows I use on the lids and crease are mostly matte. But if the shadows I use are shimmery, I use a matte shadow, Kinky.

7. That one shadow that's a pain in the butt to blend out.
- I don't know about you but for me it's FAINT! Such a pain to blend out that I don't use it on the crease anymore. Ugh.

8. Shadow that doubles as a brow powder.
- As much as I hate using it as an eyeshadow, I love using Faint on the brows. It's not a bright brown, it's not a reddish brown, but it's a gray-brown/taupe-ish shadow that's light enough to fill brows of black haired people but dark enough for those with lighter hair hues.

9. Sheerest shadow you have.
-Sleek shadow in Nubuck. It looks like a lovely gray but it's sheer to the nth level.

10. Favorite shadow name.
-Kat Von D shadow in WTF. It's very badass, no? And I loved it even more when I started watching Shameless (US) haha!

11. Shadow/s you wished was matte and shadow/s you wished was shimmery.
-I wish all the Nichido shadows in the "Matted" palette were matte! And I wish Faint was shimmery or satin. Any finish that will make it more blendable will do!

12. Favorite non-neutral shadow.
- WTF because it's the only red shadow I have and I love it!

13. Blackest shadow you have.
- I swatched all my black shadows and turns out, Blackout is the darkest!

14. Shadow you really loved but don't use anymore.
- That would have to be The Body Shop's Plum Shimmer shadow. Must reconnect with it soon!

15. The shadow you like playing with but don't use when going out.
- WTF. As much as I love it, I don't think I have the guts to go out wearing a red shadow on the lids. :X I might wear it as a liner though. :P

16. Shadow that doubles as eyeliner.
- I love me some black liner so I'd have to go with either Blackout or Noir.

17. Shadow you thought was good but turned out to be a disappointment.
- That would have to be the NYX pigment called Violet. It was blotchy and messy. As an Inception meme said, "Son, I am disappoint."

18. Name a shadow that looks flattering on all skin tones/eye colors.
- Half Baked, hands down. It looks flattering on everyone, imo.

19. Thoughts on pigments/loose shadows.
- They're lovely alternatives to pressed shadows although they're messier to use. They aren't travel friendly either so that's a downside.

20. Most coveted shadow.
- Sugarpill's Love+. That shadow's color and pigmentation are to diiiiiiie for.


That's it! If you've read this, I tag you! Hope you have fun doing this and send me your post link in the comment box. I'd love to read your version of this tag. Kisses!

You May Also Like

0 comments