Nail of the Week: essence Re-Mix Your Style Nail Polish in 05 Maybe I'm Amazed

by - Friday, August 29, 2014

Hi y'all! Just gonna share the polish I'll be sporting for the next few days. This is one of the polishes I got from essence's Re-Mix your Style collection (released 2011). The nail polishes were on sale in Watsons Takashimaya so I thought to pick up a few.

Maybe I'm Amazed is a pretty purple, orchid-y shade. My eyes might be fooling me but it seems that this polish has a pinkish/pink-red undertone to it. I really like this color as it somewhat fits any season. I wore this last summer and here I am wearing it again during the rainy season. Anyhow, I do have some issues with it. It's somewhat sheer and patchy. Just when you thought you coated a nail perfectly, a spot appears out of nowhere, making you feel inadequate in applying nail polish. Haha! But hey, nothing a 2nd or 3rd layer can't cover up right?

I applied three coats of polish to achieve a dark plummy color on my nails, the shade I desire. On the photos above, my polish looks brighter. That's what I'm talking about the polish fitting in any season. When it's bright and sunny, the shade looks like a pretty purple-pink polish but when it's a bit dark and there's no sunlight involved, it looks plummy. Application might be a bit tricky but in my opinion, the trouble's worth it.

You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. ooh this colour is so gorgeous for the transition into autumn! love it! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/08/verycouk-interview-big-thank-you-and.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Im a big nail polish fan! :) I’m Jenna btw, I’ve got a little blog about positivity and all things motivational, self-help, beauty, fashion, and lifestyle. I would love if you checked it out! :)

    http://www.livenpresent.com
    x Jenna

    ReplyDelete