My First-Ever NARS (Warehouse) Haul

by - Friday, October 31, 2014

Oh look, I'm joining the NARS bandwagon now!

One thing I like here in Singapore are warehouse sales, specifically beauty warehouse sales. Last year, I was able to go to two: the Luxasia sale and the essence/Catrice sale. I love the Luxasia sale. I got myself some Burberry, Guerlain, Anna Sui, and Becca items for a very low price. Hello, S$10 for a Burberry lipstick? S$12 for a Guerlain single shadow? MOAR PLEASE. As for the essence/Catrice sale, I was able to stock up on polishes because they were sold for 4/5 bottles for S$10. Crazy right? So yeah, now you'll know why I have a deep, disturbing obsession for these kind of sales.

Last week, my sister and I heard about the Shiseido warehouse sale. We skipped this sale last year because we were good with our Luxasia goods but since Luxasia's been quiet for months now, we decided to check this one out. The Shiseido sale was held in the Orchard Building near H&M and the brands featured in the sale were Shiseido, Ettusais, Cle de Peau Beaute, Majolica Majorca, Za-cosmetics, and of course NARS.

The NARS booth was probably the most packed booth and I admit I was one of the people who crowded the booth. But c'mon, can you really blame me? So yeah, #noregrets.
The products in the booth were pretty limited but I was still able to find some interesting. The prices weren't as low as the prices in the Luxasia sale but they were still reasonable. There were duos priced at S$25, singles at S$18 I think, sets at SS20, nail polishes and pencils at S$15. I even saw the Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi, Ce Soir? palette for S$35! Craaaaay. Wasn't interested in it then but thinking about it now...

Anyway, anyway, here's the products- my first NARS products ever!!
Remember the Pierre Hardy collection? Yeah, the polishes were in the sale! I got the Sharplines duo (S$20) because the colors were just calling out to me. Like, I can really hear them say my name. (Crazy much, Shaunne?) Sharplines Left in a creamy orange and Sharplines Right is a deep wine red/burgundy shade which reminded me of my fave Sally Hansen polish, Flirt, at first glance. I seriously can't wait to wear these and aren't they perfect for autumn? (Ahh, the woes of someone who lives in a tropical country...)

Some products from the Andy Warhol collection were there and I got the New York Dolls (S$15) polish. The reason why I got it is because I still don't have this kind of color in my polish collection...and I think it looks pretty. :D

My first NARS eyeliner pencil is Kaliste (S$13), a gorgeous dark teal. When I swatched it, it glided smoothly and honestly I was just sold. Apparently, Temptalia liked this one too! I already imagine using it as a liner!

And my last NARS item is the Piraeus (S$15), a medium brown brow gel. I've been wanting to try out brow gels for some time now but I just haven't encountered the perfect color until now. Athens was also available but I felt that Piraeus could work on different hair colors more than Athens. I've read some concerns about these brow gels being wasteful since the brush collects a lot of product so I would definitely use this carefully. Seriously can't wait.

And that's my haul! I'm really happy with the items I got. It would've been awesome if I got a duo palette but the selections weren't that impressive and wide so I had to sadly pass those up. Definitely can't wait to wear Sharplines Right cause it's just so freakin' gorgeous.

Thanks for reading and Happy Halloween!! xx

You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. wow i want to go to a warehouse sale! they sound amazing! also your pictures are beautiful i love how you lay them out! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/10/sanctuary-spa-essentials.html xx

    ReplyDelete