LOTD: Straight for the Castle

by - Monday, March 14, 2016

LOTDs are back in business, yo.

When was the last time I actually did a proper LOTD post? Ancient history, that's when. Nowadays, you'll see my semi-made up face every now and then for reviews/swatches but not really for "looks". This year, I'll try to do more LOTDs but this time, they're more on the unconventional/avant garde side of things. I feel like doing glamorous/IG looks are so basic, specially now that everyone's doing it so I thought I'd try the crazy-ish side of makeup for now. You know, looks you won't actually wear on a daily basis.

Today's look isn't that cray but it's a little somethin' somethin'. To be honest, I'd totally wear this on a fun day like a party or a festival. It's a simple look using just one product for the eyes and lips: NYX Pigment in Hard Core. It's this gorgeous blue-green metallic shadow that's just so lovely in everything. I seriously couldn't get enough of this pigment.


BASE
Before anything else (lol bae), I primed my face with the QuickFX mattifier, the proceeded with the foundation, the Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Liquid Foundation (using this made me realize I should probably buy a new one) and used my Suesh blending sponge to buff it on. For concealer, I used the Poof! Concealer in CN-03 then I set everything with the elf Clarifying Powder.

BROWS
Aside from the lips, my brows in this look is also my favorite because, ugh, look at those brows tho! I'm so pleased hahaha. Anyway, I used The Body Shop Brow & Kit Liner in 02. I love using the darker shade because it's such a good match for my hair color. Okay, you can now stare at my brows again hahaha.

EYES
Primed my eyes with Too Faced Shadow Insurance then sketched my wings with MAC Fascinating Kohl, a white pencil that serves as a guide and base for the pigment. After getting my wings more or less symmetrical, I applied NYX Hard Core on top of the white base using a small angled brush. I skipped mascara and falsies on the upper lashes but I applied some on the lower lashes using the essence All Eyes on Me mascara. You probably won't notice it but I also applied some of the pigment on top of my lower lashes and on the center of my lower lashline. And that's pretty much the eyes, ladies and gents.

HIGHLIGHT & CONTOUR
For a little sculpting, I used the brown shadow on my Cosmoprof palette. This one is seriously versatile as it can be used on the eyes or face. It's a shade of brown leaning on the warm side so it gives warmth to the eyes and face without you looking like an Oompa-Loompa. For highlight, I used something that gives insane light on the face: the Too Faced highlighter in Candlelight Glow. It's this slightly chalky highlight that when applied on the face, it gives you this insane golden highlight. If you're tanned and want a golden vavavoom on-your-face highlight, Candlelight Glow is your bff. Not really sure if you can see it on my photos but it's most prominent on my nose bridge.

LIPS
Yes, ze highlight of this look, if I say so myself. Before packing on the pigment, I used the essence Matt Soft Nude lipgloss all over the lips to act as a base. Then, I went crazy and applied NYX Hard Core. I made sure every area is covered evenly. Ugh, loooook aaat iiiit. YAS.

And that's it! Hopefully this is the start of my mad LOTDs, although I think I'll inject some wearable looks every now and then. Or maybe not. I really not sure yet but I guess I'll just let my future LOTDs do the talking. See you on my next one!


You May Also Like

0 comments