My Well-Loved e.l.f. Brush

by - Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Blend, baby, blend.

Fact: I have a considerable number of makeup brushes. Mostly are from sets and some are individually purchased. I love buying different eye brushes because really, one can't have enough. But, no matter how many my new brushes are, I always go back to the tried and tested ones. One of them is the e.l.f. Blending Eye Brush.


This brush is part of their most basic line, you know, the $1 brush line. But don't judge since it actually performs well. The Blending Eye Brush is a dome blending brush with quite short bristles. The bristles aren't actually that fluffy but I like that it's soft and a little bit stiff because that little toughness helps a lot in blending out any powder product. But I think what I like most about it is the size. Most blending brushes are long and wide which can be a little difficult to use on people with a small eye space and/or limited crease space. This brush is perfect for my eyes because it could get on my crease easily without damaging my lid or brow space. I have a little more precision with this one in terms of shadow placement which, in turn, makes eye makeup application easier.
It's also good for overall buffing and other than eye makeup, I also use it for applying setting powder on my undereye area, for blending nose contour, and for applying highlight. I use it so much that the handle isn't white anymore, haha! I remember buying this around 3-4 years ago and I gotta say, my 129Php was so worth it. If you're a makeup newbie or you're just looking for a cheap but effective brush to try, I highly recommend this one. Fun/sad story: I was working on a client 4 days ago when I realized I wasn't able to pack this on my brush roll. I felt so lost, haha! I settled for my Beauty Cosmetics tapered blending brush but it's just not the same. Never leaving you again, bb. Never again.

Oh, and I guess I have to talk about one more thing before I end this post. If you buy this brush, know that not all e.l.f. blending brushes are of the same quality. Back to when I first purchased this brush, I bought another one because I'm clearly a fan. The second brush, however, was prickly and more stiff than the first one. I don't use the second one because it's not fun when your brush is scratching you, you know? I don't know whether the current batches are more uniform now but just keep this in mind. You'll find one that's soft like mine...eventually. 

You May Also Like

0 comments