Nail of the Week: OMG Nail Lacquer in White Out

by - Friday, March 11, 2016

Paper colored nails.

Last year, I featured a post on how to jazz up white polish. It just recently dawned on me that I never got to publish a review on the white polish I used on that post. And now whaddayaknow, it's now this week's featured polish!

White polish is something I shy away from, just because I know how unflattering it is on my tanned skin. But you know, why the hell not. The only white polish I have in my stash is OMG White Out. It's a straight-up white polish. No shimmer, no glitter, just plain white creme polish. It's the kind of color you can use as a base for brighter hues to make them pop even more. 

The thing I didn't like that much is the formula. I'm not really new to the OMG lacquer line but for some reason, White Out was a real struggle to work with. I don't know if it's just the one I have but this polish was on the thick side, totally opposite from the consistency of Exactly Red. Applying it was harder on the cuticle area as I had little control over, well, everything. It was also streaky, but in a very thick way. The second coat would somehow affect the first coat, making it more streaky and uneven. It does level out after a few minutes but not in an entirely #polishonfleek kind of way. I'm pretty sure there are other polishes that have better formulas than this one but I gotta hand it to this polish that even though it has a crappy consistency, it has remarkable color payoff. Gotta love an opaque white polish, eh?

I've been wearing this for a few days now and I have to admit: I'm starting to like white polish on my nails. I know, I know, shocker. I feel like it's such a good color for summer because it looks clean, loud, and fun. Seriously feeling some Shay Mitchell vibes right now, tbh. :)

You May Also Like

0 comments