EOTD: Young, Scrappy, and Hungry

by - Wednesday, June 29, 2016


Hello hello hello! Hope you like the color purple because it's pretty dominant in today's look.


I've been seeing a lot of festival makeup videos in YouTube these past few days, and most of these looks involve a lot of color and glitter. I took inspiration from those videos to create this look . I'm a big fan of colored brows so I do it every chance I get. Seriously though, I'd take colored brows over glitter brows any day- that's how much I love sporting them. The color purple popped to mind. I kept thinking that I have to do a look with purple brows. So I did. And here's the end result. The end result walks that fine line between playful and low-key. I wanted the brows to be the main attraction for this look so I just complemented it with a lower lashline smoke and a simple yet shimmery lid look.

First up: brows. I started with filling them in with a pink pencil, essence Kajal in Pretty in Fuchsia. I wanted a pink base instead of white because I wanted the brows to have dimension in them. The pink pencil peeks through the edges of the brows and adds a subtle interest to it as takes the monotonous brow color a notch down. Next, I filled the brows with a bright purple, Party Girl. The shadow and pencil blended well together, making this fun pop of purple that's bright enough for joyous events like festivals. I noticed the shadow had glitter on it so I just use my finger to pat down the glitters on the brows as the brow brush will just move them instead of packing them. The glitters add a nice finishing touch to the brows and a subtle way of wearing glitter on the brows.

Eye look part A: lower lashline. For the lower lashline, I wanted purple, again. I started with a dark purple base, the Catrice eye pencil in My Ninja Purple, then smudged it out with Rockstar, a dark smokey purple. I though the combo was a bit too dim so I used Party Girl again and applied it on top of Rockstar to further blend it out and brighten the lower lashline. Winged it out a little on the outer corner as well.

Eye look part B: lid. From the start, I pictured the lid look to be bare but I went with a shimmery bare lid look instead. It isn't that obvious from the pics above but the lid is a blend of three shimmery shadows: Toasted all over the lid, Sin on the center part of the lid, and Virgin on top of Sin. I applied everything with my fingers and I applied lightly. I didn't want any of the colors to be packed and noticeable; I wanted the colors to add some sparkle on the lid, nothing more. Also, I used Naked on the crease just to blend the edges of the shimmery shadows. 

Finishing touches: Virgin on the brow bone and inner corner, essence gel liner in Berlin Rocks to tightline and line the waterline, curled lashes + mascara. And that's pretty much it for this look.

I'd rock this if I were to go to any festivals but since I won't, I at least hope this look inspired you to do something crazy makeup-wise if you were to go to a festival. Honestly, go for colored brows! They're so fun to do and wear and they're easy to erase at the end of the day. This look can be achieved with a variety of colors. You can do one color like I did here or you can go for two complementary colors like green and red, blue and silver, pink and blue, black and white...the possibilities are endless. Have fun!


Products Used:
essence Kajal in Pretty in Fuchsia (brows)
Too Faced Party Girl (brows; lower lashline)
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Catrice Precision Eye Pencil in My Ninja Purple (lower lashline)
Urban Decay Rockstar (lower lashline)
Urban Decay Toasted (lid)
Urban Decay Sin (lid)
Urban Decay Virgin (lid, brow bone, inner corner)
Urban Decay Naked (crease)
essence Gel Liner in Berlin Rocks (waterline, tightline)
Maybelline Volum' Express Hypercurl Cat Eyes


You May Also Like

0 comments