Chunky Disco: The Face Shop's SL211

by - Friday, July 01, 2016

Shimmah shimmah.


I guess it's safe to say that glitter polishes have 1 pro and 1 con: pro: they look pretty good on the nails; con: they're such a pain in the butt to remove. There are a ton of variety of glitter polishes in the market, some chunky, some fine, but they all require patience in removal especially if you're not wearing a peel-off base coat underneath. I think that's one reason why I don't use them very often. I find it really hard to remove the chunky bobs and bits and they're pretty greedy with acetone or polish remover. But sometimes they're just really pretty on the nails which is why I keep some of them in my stash.

Today I have a pretty glitter polish, The Face Shop Face It Nails in SL211. Unlike the other two "glitter" polishes I featured before (CMX321 & MX311), SL211 is what I can call proper glitter. The particles are a mix of chunky and minuscule silver glitter, the former emit different colors when they shift. So sometimes you see blue, some green, some orange but they're all still silver glitter. Because they have a neutral/solid metallic color, you can pretty much use this on any polish for any occasion.

I found that applying this was easier than CMX321 and MX311. I can just swipe once and dab a couple of times to have a decent amount of glitter all over the nails. Applying it using the sponge technique can be done if you want a block of glitter but I think going overboard with this takes away its charm. This is one of those glitter polishes that look better when applied light-handedly. It's more of an accent, I suppose.

I don't wear glitter that often but with this, I think I can make an exception. It reminds me back when I was in high school when I sometimes wore a sheer silver glitter polish sand prayed teachers won't catch me. Haha, good times! I feel like SL211 is a grown-up version of that sheer silver polish. A more glamorous, more out there version and I absolutely adore it.

You May Also Like

0 comments