EOTD: Spider Legs and Pretty Bows

by - Monday, November 14, 2016


Anyone up for a four colored wing?



I guess I just wanted a look that has ombre using colors I don't normally use. Orange and yellow look so pretty together so I paired them up, And since those two are just too bright for me, I grounded it and 'uglified' it with a black shadow just too keep things true to my style and aesthetic.

After priming and setting my eye area with Freestyle, I immediately started with the wing. I used a stark white pencil (in this case, MAC Fascinating) to draw the wing first. This will be the guide as well as the base for the shadows. The ombre colors I used were white, yellow, and orange. I first started with Cosmoprof Yellow and placed it on the middle third of the eye. I feel like it's good to start with yellow first so you'll have a better grip as to where to put the other colors. After placing the yellow, I then applied Cosmoprof White on the inner corner then Cosmoprof Orange to the outer third, including the wing. The only orange shadow I have is pretty light but I recommend using a darker or more bright orange shadow for this. After blending the edges so there's a smooth color transition, I decided to add some shimmer since the base shadows are pretty matte.

The shimmery shadows I used were: Venus, on top of C. White; Sunset Blvd, on top of C. Yellow; and OR202, on top of C. Orange. If you have pigments that are sparklier or more metallic, use them. (On hindsight, I should've foiled the shadows for more intensity.)

To make this look less pretty, I added black on top of the liner. This was supposed to be like a border but it didn't work out since the liner was pretty small and I have such unsteady hands. But I think the black shadow, Oddfellow, added some grunge and definitely made this look dirtier and messier, which I love. Blend the edges out and that's pretty much the upper lid.

I just opted to have some brown shadow on the lower lashline to ground this look even more and to also balance the shadow-heavy lid. I am so obsessed with this NYX shadow because it's so wearable on its own and with other shadows. This brown shade with a satin finish was so easy to work with so expect that shadow to be in a future EOTD post. Lastly, I highlighted my brown bone area with Kinky, a matte soft white. Add some mascara, falsies if you want, white or black liner on the waterline and that's pretty much it. Easy peasy.



PRODUCTS USED:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Urban Decay shadow in Freestyle (entire eye area)
Ombre Liner: Cosmoprof White, Yellow, & Orange + Urban Decay shadow in Venus, Kat Von D shadow in Sunset Blvd, The Face Shop OR202
Kat Von D shadow in Oddfellow (above liner)
NYX shadow in R3C4 (lower lashline)
Urban Decay shadow in Kinky (brow bone highlight)
Benefit They're Real! mascara




You May Also Like

0 comments