Rosette Cleansing Paste in Kaidei Smooth Review

by - Tuesday, January 17, 2017


Pastey cleanser.


For the most part, I'm not really too particular with the facial washes I use. I'm someone who likes to try different variants as much as possible with the exception of one claim or feature: whitening. I stay away from products with whitening properties because I don't want or need it so products that focus on other things, ie. brightening, deep cleansing, moisturizing, really catch my eye.



One of the facial washes that caught my eye late last year was the Rosette Cleansing Paste in the Kaidei Smooth variant. After doing a bit of research (most of the writings in the back of the tube are in Japanese so...), I found out that this is actually part of a line and that it's a very popular product in Japan and with Asian beauty enthusiasts. There are four variants: deep cleaning (green tube), brightening (yellow tube), treating & preventing acne (blue tube), and plumping & firming (pink). These cleansers have different star ingredients and in this case, the green one has Kaidei.

Kaidei is actually a mineral-rich sea mud and its powdered form is blended in this cleanser along with different plant extracts and rose extract. Kaidei is the main ingredient that helps foam up the product and it makes this cleanser absorb excess sebum & dirt better. The rose extract tightens the pores, leaving the skin soft & plump.


The Rosette Cleansing Paste has quite a mud pack type of consistency. It's not fluid at all. Instead, it's more of a clay facial mask: quite stiff, doesn't drip, and pastey. I've seen some people use a foaming tool to make this really foamy but in my experience, it foams up just fine even without it. It doesn't have any smell so people who are fussy with smells will appreciate that this product is scentless but I wish it had a bit of scrub beads. But hey, the cleansing power of this product is really good so I guess scrubbing beads aren't needed! I really like how fresh and clean my face feels after, and the oils are gone but my face isn't too dry and parched. I also feel like it keeps the oil at bay even after a few hours later. I think this will work on all skin types but for those with really oily skin, I suggest you try Rosette's cleanser for acne. Overall, this is a good buy and I'm glad I picked it up!

You May Also Like

0 comments