Why I Love the Pix

by - Monday, April 24, 2017



Lemme tell you why.

It has been two months since I decided to take the plunge to have my hair as short as possible. And I gotta say, I regret not having it done sooner! For most girls, hair is a sensitive matter; it's our crowning glory after all. Personally, I don't care much about my hair so I didn't really cringe when I had most of it cut off. In fact, I looked forward to it. Best. Decision. Ever.

Let me tell you why I find the pixie cut to be the most amazing cut ever- for me, on me, anyway.


1. Easy Breezy
-I'm one who gets flushed and sweaty easily (TMI, I know) so that's why I always have my hair all tied up. The pixie cut freed me of ponytails and buns...well, let's just say I don't need a hair tie anymore! And the best part is I feel breezy and light.

2. Low Maintenance
-Short hair means shorter hair fussing. Seriously, it's like wash and wear! I need less hair products, I only need a minute to comb and sort it out, and I never have to worry if my hair's frizzy or all over the place. Sometimes, I just finger comb- something I can't always do when I had long hair!'

3. Thick to Thicker (-looking)
-Hair fall is real, amirite? One of the reasons why I wanted to chop my hair off is because of the alarming number of hair strands I see everywhere- on the floor, on my pillow, on my clothes. It was seriously making my head hair look and feel thin. When I got the pix, it instantly made my hair look thicker and more lush. Sure, the hair fall's still there (in my defense, I am currently taking meds that has a hair fall side-effect; I have SLE, btw.) but at least the thinning isn't as obvious as before.

4. Frizz Be Gone
-I have naturally curly hair, and not the cute, spiral-y kind of curl. Mine's more of a frizzy type of curl and it's something that I always had a hard time managing. That plus baby hair I never seem to outgrow? Welcome to my everyday hair situation! Before, I always relied on a hair creme and a couple of hair pins to keep everything down and tidy. Now, I don't use them anymore because for some reason, the pixie cut keeps everything tidy on its own. Maybe it's the way my hair was cut and styled or maybe I finally outgrew the baby hairs (YASSS); either way, my frizz situation's sorted and I'm freaking thrilled.

5. BO$$
-Not gonna lie, rocking the pixie cut makes me feel great. Kind of like the same vibe when you rock a polished high ponytail or an immaculate French twist. It makes me feel powerful, like a boss. I guess it's because I'm proud to be rocking a cut most girls won't always dare to sport. When you go for the pixie cut, you'll definitely feel exposed but it gave me the self confidence I needed, hence the boss vibes I'm feeling. It made me feel braver and bolder and honestly, it's SO much fun.


So. Feel like sporting the pix anytime soon? :)

You May Also Like

0 comments