Sampling Samples: Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

by - Wednesday, June 20, 2018


Quick review of yet another skincare sample.


My last skincare review was about four months ago so I thought I'd bring in another one just because too much skincare isn't bad for anyone's (skin) health. Today, I'll be sharing my thoughts on a facial wash from a brand I haven't tried before.

The Fresh Soy Face Cleanser, according to the brand's website, is "an extra-gentle gel cleanser that instantly whisks away everyday impurities and makeup-even mascara-without stripping the skin of essential moisture. The multi-tasking formula also works to tone, soothe, and soften the skin for a radiant, healthy-looking complexion." The site also listed its key ingredients, such as soy proteins that are amino-acid rich that helps skin maintain its elasticity; rosewater, which has calming properties; cucumber extracts that soothes skin; and borage seed oil that helps in overall skin nourishment. Upon reading the ingredient list, you can already tell that this facial wash is targeted to not only clean but to also condition the skin.


The facial wash comes in a clear, gel-like form. It's just like water with a hint of jelly, don't you think? Unlike other facial washes I've tried, this one doesn't lather up too much. Imagine applying a gel-like or even a water-based moisturizer on your face, only it doesn't get absorbed on the skin. That's how this feels like. It felt gentle on the face and it didn't irritate my skin at all. One thing I love about it is its scent- I definitely get cucumber which just amps up its freshness. Love it.

I read about how it can remove makeup and even stubborn mascara so I tested that out. I wore mascara for a few hours before removing it with just this and water, no makeup remover beforehand. I gotta say, it was able to remove about 90% of the mascara on my lashes. I just rubbed the facial wash gently on my lashes and I immediately felt the mascara melt and crumble. The remaining 10% I just removed with my fingers. With this, I'd say it's better to use this after you remove your makeup with a remover. I don't think it's capable on stripping makeup 100%  (since, you know, it's not a makeup remover) but it can strip the makeup residue your makeup remover wasn't able to get off. 

The soy face cleanser is suited for all skin types and I've read that some users with acne, dry, and sensitive skin love it so much because it's gentle and soothing. So if you have a similar situation with your skin, you might enjoy this. Personally, I like how it's moisturizing and I don't get that tightened feel some facial washes give. Plus, the scent is just so ridiculously fresh I legit want it in a candle.


You May Also Like

3 comments