Let's Catch Up

by - Saturday, August 04, 2018


So. I know I’ve been MIA lately. I also know that I haven’t been consistent in putting up blog posts. Well, it has been a while since I put up a post that isn’t a product review or a haul so let me just put one up: this post, where I talk about some changes…well, here in the blog, at least.

As you all know, Shash Stash is a beauty-centered blog. I made it this way about two or three years ago and all I put up were beauty posts like reviews and hauls and the like. Come 2018, I just noticed a shift, in me mostly. I’m just gonna say it: I wasn’t enjoying it anymore. Putting up posts felt like a chore and I wasn’t looking forward to them anymore. I still like beauty-related things; I just wasn’t too excited to blog about them anymore. Posting them felt less personal and more business-y. So I did what I needed to do: I took a breather and stopped posting for a while. To continue Shash Stash, I need to find that spark again, that excitement I felt way back in the beginning. So that’s why the blog hasn’t been updated that much.

So why am I writing this post? Well, I’m here to tell you that I think I found that spark again. I found it accidentally, by back-reading all my posts, of all things. Past the beauty articles, I saw my personal posts where I shared my past trips, food that rocked my world, my thoughts and discoveries, and other things I haven’t written in a while. And then it just hit me- maybe I should just bring it back to basics. I needed to write more personal, unfiltered, hell, even spontaneous posts. Looking back, there were a lot of things I badly wanted to write about; I just couldn’t because it didn’t fit my blog category. But to hell with that. I’m tired of just writing inside a specific bubble. It’s time to branch out.

From here on out, Shash Stash will not be a beauty-centered blog anymore; it'll be more of a personal, lifestyle-ish blog. I’ll still feature beauty posts because I like doing them but they won’t be the primary features anymore. So what’s in store for SS, you ask?

For starters, I’ll be bringing back one topic that I’ve always been passionate about: FOOD. I’ve no shame in saying that because it’s true! And I think it deserves to be included in my blog. I’ll be sharing as much as I can like recipes, and discoveries, and food-related things I could talk about. Be prepared cause they are comiiiiiiiing!!

The next topic I’ll be including is something I’m still on the fence about: FITNESS. Wait, what? WHAT? Fitness?? From Shaunne?? I know, I know. I’ve always embraced my big flabby body but since March, I just became friends with exercising and that’s such a huge thing because I was never someone who liked doing it. But here I am, ready to tell the whole world about my passion for exercise. So I think I’ll do that. Fitness posts will be more personal, sort of like a documentation. It will also be more on at home fitness/exercising because I really believe that you can sweat without necessarily going to the gym.

So yeah, Shash Stash will mainly feature three topics: Beauty, Food, and Fitness. I’ll also inject other topics every now and then, like travel, random favorites, etc. But basically, what I’m saying is I’m back to writing about what I’m passionate about, not just about things that will generate views and likes. Shash Stash 2.0 will have more Shash and sass. I can’t wait to start.

You May Also Like

0 comments