Chilly Tilly Teal: ColourPop Lux Lipstick in Getty

by - Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Today's perfect shade.

It's October 31st which only means one thing: Happy Halloween!! 

 I don't always dress up for Halloween but this day sure does give me an excuse to wear unusual colors on my face. I feel like the lips are the easiest part of the face to dress up, not to mention, the most fun. It sure is the perfect time to use the lippie shades you don't normally use everyday like black, blue, green, white, and violet.

This year, my weirdo shade is Colourpop's Getty. My sister actually got it for me because she knows a weirdo likes another weirdo I like unusual shades and she thought Getty was such an interesting shade. And interesting it really is.


First things first: how gorgeous is Colourpop's lippie packaging though?? That clean rose gold case with a sprinkle of these adorable delicate stars- be still, my heart. This packaging actually reminds me a bit of the Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks, only this one's more young and hip, like the CT is the older sister and Colourpop is the younger one. Haha!

Getty is a darkened teal shade with a cream finish. Color-wise, it reminds me of NARS Kaliste. They both have this rich teal color that I absolutely love and both are pretty bold and pigmented. Seriously, this two are a perfect match. Seriously, even if Kaliste is an eyeliner, I'd gladly use it as a lipliner for Getty.

Getty is part of Colourpop's Creme Lux Lipstick line and the Creme Lux Lipsticks are known for their creamy-matte finish and intense pigmentation, which I totally saw and experienced with Getty. Even though Getty is such a dark colored shade, it glided so smoothly, no skipping or tugging required, and it delivered a full block of color in just one layer. 

Even though Getty is a creamy-matte, it wasn't drying on the lips. Apparently, Getty's formula has an acai, jojoba and pomegranate seed butter blend, making it buttery and hydrating on the lips. It felt like I was wearing a rich creme lippie but one that doesn't glide around or feather too much. I actually prefer this type of lipstick formula than a matte liquid lipstick's as I feel like my lips can breathe better and that I don't look like someone who hasn't drank a drop of water in 80 years. 


HOW AWESOME IS THIS SHADE THO. Ugh, I am obsessed. I like how this shade just complements my skintone. It doesn't look weird or off. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea but you can't say this shade isn't gorgeous at all. Plus, that pigmentation! I am so in love with Getty right now, I can't. Yes, Colourpop, I agree: this definitely is a work of art.

Getty doesn't dry down to a full matte which means, like any bullet lipstick, it will transfer and smudge when it comes in contact with pretty much anything. Yes, even with a liner beneath. Retouching is definitely a must, just like your ole lippie bullet.

And since it's Halloween, I played around for a bit. Shoutout to this cheap mask I got in the children's department, giving me some Hawkgirl vibes. Yaaaaaas!


Have a happy spooky Halloween, y'all! Teal kisses to you! xx


You May Also Like

0 comments