My Cup of Tea(l): NARS Eyeliner in Kaliste

by - Wednesday, November 09, 2016


Ah, that color tho.


I had a phase when I'm all about lining my eyes. I'm all about that sharp wing, that easy peasy baby wing, or just a plain line. Eyeliner was such my jam years back and it trumped mascara and brows (not the case now tho lololol).


However, I still like lining my eyes every now and then. I don't do it as much now but it's still fun to do when I'm feeling it. I usually just stick with my brows and blacks but you know what my guilty pleasure is? Using colored liners. I don't know how much I've talked about my purple gel liners, let alone used them in looks. I also sometimes use eyeshadows as liner, whether it's for an ombre liner or a solid colored one. Colored liners are very fascinating to me and I always find ways to make them look fun, wearable, and appropriate, not tacky and clown-like. I guess the secret to pulling off colored liner is wearing a shade that's pigmented but not too bright and disco-y. You just need a pop of color, not a whole bang of it. Just like this pencil.



NARS Eyeliner in Kaliste is a matte deep teal. It's such a nice color because you can see the blend of blue and green and its deep tone just makes it bolder and richer. Kaliste has a creamy but solid texture; meaning it glides oh so smoothly on the skin without melting or smushing too much. You can tell just by swatching it that you'll experience no tugging and skipping with this one and you'll also feel that it's sturdy as well. The pigmentation is also brilliant. You won't need a heavy hand for this to show up. You don't need to go over your liner to get a bold stark line. The color + pigmentation + texture combo is really such a win for me. But you know I gotta tell you the bad news.

Kaliste does not set at all. It just won't. I tried leaving it for a couple of minutes to set but nada. It still smudged, it still moved. So using this as liner is totally not advisable as it's not longwearing nor smudgeproof. However, I find that this pencil is awesome to use as a base. Because of its creamy texture, it's so easy to blend out. I actually had an easy time with this because when you use a dense brush to blend it out, it just does. And when you set it with shadow afterwards? Creasing is out of the question. But I advise to not use heavy shadows on top because come on, do you really want to mask that gorgeous teal?

(EOTD)

Mermaid vibes, anyone? I really love how this look turned out. It's colorful, it totally reflects how I love the color blue on the eyes (hehe), and it's just a nice change from the usual sky or sapphire blue. Totally obsessed with this look and how easy it was to do!

So in summary, Kaliste is a win in terms of color, pigmentation, and texture. For lining purposes, it's a pass but as a smudgable base, it's a good one. Oh, good news though. If you want the longer wearing version of it, you may want to check out the NARS Velvet Eyeliners. Kaliste's included in that line and its longevity is better. That you can wear longer, no doubt. As for me, I'm pretty happy with what I have. Kaliste's such a gorgeous shade that I don't mind if I just use it as a base. Can't wait to do more looks with it!


You May Also Like

0 comments