My Go-To YT Channels for At-Home Workouts: Part One + Weekly Workout Burnout: Total Body + Back Fat Melter

by - Saturday, October 13, 2018


Subscribe and sweat it all out.
YouTube is a goldmine for free workout videos. Admittedly, I find that some are better than the others, at least in terms of video quality and format, workout difficulty, and overall feel. When I was looking for videos when I started months ago, I felt overwhelmed by the number of workout videos to choose from. The videos, the instructors- they were all so different from each other, I didn't know where to start. Thankfully, I quickly found what I liked and didn't like in workout videos & the instructors so it's now easy for me to pick a channel to workout to. 

If you're someone who's feeling overwhelmed too, let me share my go-to, super trusted channels for working out. This is just the first part as I know I haven't even scratched the surface of the fitness YT community. This first part is my top 5, the ones I go to first before everyone else. My OGs, if you will. These channels feature mostly at-home workouts, a combination of both with equipment and no-equipment workouts. Hope this helps!

MY GO-TO YT CHANNELS: PART ONE

Fitness Blender is my OG, #1 go-to workout channel, especially for HIIT and Fat Burner routines. FB is spearheaded by husband and wife tandem, Daniel & Kelli, both personal trainers. I absolutely love their workouts because they're straightforward, sometimes brutal, but always rewarding. I also like the variety of their workouts as they no-equipment routines, HIIT, low impact cardio routines, toning and strength routines that involve free weights, resistance routines, as well as pilates and yoga. Their videos also include low impact modifications- very much welcomed on rounds when you just can't anymore.

I personally like Kelli's videos more because I find that Daniel's are more strenuous and hardcore for me, although he has some routines that I was able to handle. There's no background music in their videos which I find quite peaceful; the only thing you'll hear are their instructions and motivations, and the tick of the timer that marks the last five seconds of a move. Fave. Sound. Ever.

I remember coming across Cassey's channel when I was searching for pilates videos. I tried one of her pilates videos and almost died and that was that. But I came back to her channel anyway because of her other videos, like her fat burners, toning exercises, and yoga routines. I gotta say, Cassey's workout videos might seem easy but boy are they a killer! Cassey will smile throughout the workout while you writhe in pain on your mat; pretty typical in every Blogilates workout. If you're not panting and shaking, then you're not doing it right haha! But seriously, I love Cassey's motivation and bubbly personality while working out. We all need positivity when working out and Cassey gives just that.

PopSugar Fitness is hosted by Anna Renderer and is one of PopSugar's YT channels. This channel is loaded with a variety of quick and long workout videos, some led by Anna, some led by a guest instructor. That's what I like about his channel- I get to work along to videos that feature different trainers who have different styles and specialties. Some include dance in their routine, some include boxing and kickboxing, some lean more on pilates, while some are more on toning and strength-training. Each video and workout has a different feel to them which I really like because it doesn't feel boring and monotonous.

I recently just discovered Tone It Up and I am absolutely loving their videos! Tone It Up is co-founded and led by Katrina and Karena and most of their videos are filmed beach-side, a breath of fresh air from studio- or gym-shot fitness videos. Aside from fitness videos, Tone It Up also does meditation videos and nutrition videos, as well as other female-centered videos. I personally love doing their yoga flows and their Bikini Series is bomb. So good.

I found Katie's channel through PopSugar Fitness and I've been subscribed to her ever since. LSF is a fitness and lifestyle channel where Katie shares not only workout routines but also her personal stories and journey. Most of her workout videos run under 15 minutes so I make sure to do at least two rounds of her workouts. I really like her toning routines and most of my fave resistance workouts are from her channel. Her workouts are short, sweet, and will definitely make you shake.


WEEKLY WORKOUT BURNOUT
While we're on the topic of my 5 go-to workout channels, I think it's just fitting to do today's WB featuring two of them: Blogilates & Love Sweat Fitness. The workout will be a blend of toning, strength-training, and cardio.

Starting off with Blogilates’ Beyonce Workout. This workout is actually designed by Beyonce’s personal trainer, as posted on this PopWorkouts article. This circuit focuses on working multiple muscle groups at once which makes the workout super efficient. The joints on focus here are the shoulder, elbows, hips, and knees. 

What I like about it is that in a way, it’s a low impact cardio routine made more challenging with the addition of weights. This workout just proves that you don’t need to jump or run just to boost up your heart rate. The squats, lunges, and the cobra pushups (Cassey’s version anyway) personally made my heart race, just like burpees or high knees would. I like that I get to work the lower body then the arms then the abs. That ab routine in the end was an absolute killer but I loved doing it because the burn was on point. Plus, if you do the ab routine continuously with no breaks in between, it ends before you even know it. I highly recommend doing this routine with weights and to follow Cassey’s modifications if the moves are too tough or if you’re just burned out, specially on the second set.

Second circuit will let you catch your breath while still doing some work. Think of it as your active rest workout. This routine focuses on the back area, more specifically, that back fat. Again, there are no jumping in this routine, but it involves planks, extensions, and crunches. It’s a pretty straightforward routine that focuses on the back area while also working your arms and abs. This is a no equipment workout but try to hold a pair of 2lb dumbbells at least on the first move.

Workout Duration: about 45 minutes, warm up and cool down excluded.

You May Also Like

0 comments