Sampling Samples: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Daily Cleanser

by - Thursday, October 11, 2018


Gentle cleaning.

 I have to admit, gentle cleansers are starting to grow on me. Usually I go for cleansers that are foamy and have some beads in them but I now appreciate gentle cleansers, especially in the mornings. In the morning, the skin isn't too loaded with dirt yet so there's no point in using strong cleansers. Last year, I was diagnosed with contact dermatitis (spoiler alert: it's actually an SLE flare lol) and the doctor instructed me to use a soap-free cleanser. At first I was weirded out by it because it didn't lather up but as I continued to use it, I appreciated it for its gentleness on the skin and how it moisturized my skin. This made me realize that I have to have two different cleansers: a gentle cleanser in the morning and my fave non-gentle cleanser for nighttime to scrub off gunk. 

I'm pretty much set for nighttime cleansers so I'm currently trying out gentle cleansers for day use. I remembered I had a sample of the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Daily Cleanser so I decided to try it out.


I've tried two Palmer's samples before so I'm pretty stoked to see how this will fare. Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Gentle Daily Cleanser is described as a cleanser that "has a soothing creamy consistency and foams to remove oil and impurities. The milk proteins and antioxidants brighten and hydrate, leaving skin soft, fresh and glowing without over-drying."

The cleanser has a thin milky consistency, as well as a faint milky scent. This is a gentle foamer really, as it didn't really lather up too much even if I used a lot of product. I like that it doesn't feel too abrasive on the skin and after rinsing it off, my face felt soft, moisturized, and surprisingly clean. It made my dry patches less dry and didn't leave my skin feeling tight. It really is perfect for day use.

I'm not really sure if this got discontinued (I've seen some online retailers still selling this so it's a bit confusing to me) but if it is still available, I recommend this for a daytime cleanser and for those who have sensitive skin. The moisturizing part of this cleanser is pretty good and its ability to cleanse the skin without drying it out is excellent. Not bad, Palmer's, not bad at all.

You May Also Like

0 comments